I hate that sh*t

psycobusa

Registered
i just had to come in from riding the busa....about an hour ago it was a nice crisp night, perfect for riding. so ive been out for about and hour and i happen to be 5 min from the house on the interstate and all of a sudden a freak rain storm comes out of no where. WTF!!! i get all wet, the bike gets all wet and before i can even get to the house, its stopped. no i got to waste good riding time tomorrow to detail it. i hate that sh*t!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You wouldn't like it here too much...

biggrin.gif

Got stuck in a rainstorm yesterday with my freshly painted Busa, but the rain didn't stop after i got home, it POURED.

it's hard to clean a muddy busa , takes hours ...

anymore nowadays?....I just refer to such episodes as "A Fresh Water Rinse Cycle"
tounge.gif

I used to be real anal about the hygene of my bikes...and just like you got upset if I hit some rain....especially after just detailing her all up...I usta cringe at the sight of road grime on the underside of my bike...especially the pipes and wheels..I'd even get disgusted with myself if I saw a few droplets of chain lube running down the side of my swingarm...but not anymore....and for good reason..it simply wasn't worth it...matter of fact?...in some instances?..I think folks do more damage than good by over-washing/detailing their bikes...sure signs are all those ultra-fine spiderweb scratches in the clearcoat of a relatively new bike...where the owner repeatedly rubs that dirt and dust into the finish everytime they see a few specs..and the over-oxidation of metal parts which occurs from excessive washing with mineralized garden hose water coupled with harsh detergents...(simple green lovers check in here).

Any more?..I wash my bike every month or two and give it a coat of good wax about 2-3 times a year...but I do still take 5-10 minutes at the end of each serious ride to use honda spray cleaner or plexus to get the bugs off...outside of that?..fresh oil....well lubed and adjusted chain...proper tire pressure and..I good to go...ride and enjoy...as god and japan intended.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I agree, Jinkster. Unless she's a show bike, you gotta live with some dirt. So I say just wash her and enjoy the ride, Psychobusa. I live in the city, so for me, it's a trip to the self-wash place, with backpack full of crap. I try to keep the bugs off of her--last week, something splattered all over my helmet and new Alpinestars jacket, and really p*ssed me off! Had to stop and grab a wet napkin to clean it up before I continued.

If the weather is clear...it's riding time
biggrin.gif
She'll get a bath on a rainy day or
at night
wink.gif

last night it rained hard enough to make it wet and help with the bug assassin splats...but the wind picked up so i moved the bike into the truck bay at work till the wind and storm passed

Rain happens here most every day in the summer, If you live in Fl and don't want to ride in the rain, you'd better not go too far in the summer.

Here's how I look at it. I wash the bugs off after each ride, I do a thorough cleaning every oil change, and when it gets to looking nasty, that'll be a great excuse for a custom paint job.

Kevin

If I am stopped long enough for some one to notice the dirt then I should get back on and keep moving. The on ehtat gets me though is when it is blue sky's and sun, I actualy take the time to wipe down the bike before the ride. Then sitting at a stop sign minding my own buisness a sprinkler system will turn on.... Times like that you just got to wonder who's against you. But you just got to shrug and enjoy the road.

It's not the rain that bothers me . What bothers me is when I'm on a 2 lane highway , it's raining , here comes an 18 wheeler at about 70 mph . When he goes buy , the wind is gonna throw a HUGE WAVE of water and road muck all over me .
mad.gif

Back