I hate dealers..

FHL

Registered
I was just at a dealer and asked them to call me if they got any used 'Busas in. Anyway this salesman tells me to go home and get my bike so they can get me a trade in estimate. Then when I get there his manager tells me they have to have a bike in stock for me to look at before they can estimate the value.

Anyway there was this guy in there looking at the ZX-10 and he asked how much power it has and the salesman didn't know so I said 164.10 and he goes "I thought it was 184" and I was like "164 at the wheel" so he's like "NO! ITS 184 AT THE WHEEL" then he asks this other dumb salesman and he says "Yeah it's 184" so I said "At the wheel?" "YEP!"

How could you be that stupid?

Did I mention it's 25 degrees outside, there's snow flurries, and lots of roads are still wet?

I can't believe I got talked into making me ride my bike today.

My bike is a bit scratched up though, so I don't know how easy it's going to be to sell. I bet I could get 4500 for it.

It's not rashed, it's just been dropped and there's some evidence of it.

True Sleeper, but the question becomes how much more. I just traded my Kat 750 in on a Suzuki Volusia LE and though the difference between trade-value and what I could have sold it for was about $700 I still opted to trade. From that $700 I had to subtract the difference in sales tax if I had paid cash. That was about $350, so it was half of what it started off at. Then it became a decision of my time and effort versus the dealer's. I decided the dealer's time was less valuable than mine and went with the trade. Just something to consider and my $.02!

the only trouble with trade is it appears they are giving you more sometimes. They Have the price at mid range and then lower it to as low as they can go. Don't get me wrong I ahve done trade ins also, you just never know. Just don't deal with someone you do not like or trust.

Absolutely, NE! The guy I dealt with made a good impression on me and I felt pretty good about the deal whether I should have or not. Anyway, the bike is sitting in the garage and I'm glad I got it.

Anyway, the bike is sitting in the garage and I'm glad I got it.
Now THAT'S the bottom line!

cool.gif

Back