I had to do it, got a new bike

BigBadBlueKat

Registered
I know I have been lurking in the shadows since I joined after Busa Bash III but I just wanted to share and say that i'm no longer a Kat rider. This past tuesday I picked myself up a brand new 05 GSX-R600 (Blue/White. . . you know the fastest one). As of today I am about 60 miles shy of the 600 mile mark so as soon as I do my oil and check everything else out the fun will begin.

Overall, my impressions are good. It is just a 110% different animal that the Kat was. Out just riding aroud the kat was much better :: read more comfortable :: but as soon as the road has some twists all I can say is WOW. Once you start a line in a turn it is almost impossible to get the bike out of it. . . . LOVING IT.

I know whats next . . . PICS PICS. . . I will try and get a few later this week once all my new toys get here and get on (windscreen, undertail, hugger, frame sliders, bra, gel seat)

Any suggestions on exhaust? I'm going to do a bolt-on as I see no real benefit to a full system on a 600. I am looking at the Yoshimura Tri-Oval or the Akrapovic.

Congrats on the new ride Jeremy and tell yer Dad I say hi. L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Check my post about the 2005 GSXR 1000, hopefully it is an isolated issue. My fear however, is that with machines doing the welding there could possibly be a larger issue at hand. Hopefully not, as I just got my 05 Hayabusa not too long ago.

No, I'm not the guy who crashed. . . . thankfully.

Yeah, I was thinking the Yoshimura would be the better exhaust as Yosh makes pipes mainly for Suzuki.

No, I'm not the guy who crashed. . . . thankfully.

Yeah, I was thinking the Yoshimura would be the better exhaust as Yosh makes pipes mainly for Suzuki.
ahh man kat would have been perfect transition into busa. Good choice though glad you didnt go with a yammi

Back