I guess some things are just meant to be...

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
After my last trackday I evaluated my tire situation with the busa and 750.

I figured I'd have more than 5,000miles on my busa's front tire, so I decided to use it as the commuter even though the rear is pretty much new and save the 750's tires for my trackday in March.

After today's ride with Lamb, we find a nail in the busa's rear tire
pissed.gif
Get home, start pull'in it out with pliars, sure enough its a flat...

So the busa's rear will now get plugged.

It seems the busa was never meant to go to the March trackday
bluegrab.gif

Easy with that plugged tire. I have been buying my tires at cyclegear because of the road hazard polices. They prorate the damaged tire.

(Gunnybusa @ Feb. 19 2007,08:39) Easy with that plugged tire. I have been buying my tires at cyclegear because of the road hazard polices. They prorate the damaged tire.
That is good to know... gona hafta check that out!

To avoid nails in your tires, just do what I am doing right now. Don't ride it.

I hate Chicago weather.
firedevil.gif

busa or not, I'm sure you have MORE FUN on the 750 at track days. just use your 750 and enjoy the event! I only track my busa, because it is the only motorcycle I own

(dadofthree @ Feb. 20 2007,22:45)
(05BusaLe @ Feb. 20 2007,21:24) Q is it safe to plug a bike tire?
No, but I fix 'em  
crazy.gif
This particular type of plug involves taking the tire off the rim. Then you pull the plug from the inside out. On the inside, the head of the plug is at least 2" in diameter.

Its the safest plug you can use that I know of.

You just have to realize that the tire is no longer z-rated. Keep the speeds below 100mph'ish.

(WWJD @ Feb. 20 2007,21:24) busa or not, I'm sure you have MORE FUN on the 750 at track days.  just use your 750 and enjoy the event!  I only track my busa, because it is the only motorcycle I own
I still enjoy the Busa on the track, nothing can keep accelerating like the Busa  
biggrin.gif

And its very stable in the high speed corners  
cool.gif

I just need the brakes to be less effort
tounge.gif

Back