I gotz big problems..busa might hafta go..

Don't make a priority out of someone that makes an option out of you!

hate to hear this...keep your head up, many of us (me included) have gone through similar situations where everything you feel like you have been working toward gets jerked out from under you...every time, things have come together in a way i didn't see coming and i've been better off in the long run...the short term can feel like @%$#*&%(*^ but it always works out...do what you got to do to get past this (get rid of possesions that can be replaced) and trust that better times are ahead

Tell that shyster of a boss to fired his low paid "Pendejo" employee because the few bucks he saves an hour on this low tech fug are what he is spending on fixing his PHug ups.
I'll be looking for an expert machinist to turn out some products within the next few months. You WILL hear from me...

Bill I can feel your pain.

I'm a C.N.C. Machinist and deal with the kind of crap you're going through on a daily basis. Been at this place since 89 and have bailed them out more times than I care to mention. Doesn't mean Shid to them. Same people running the place since I've been there.

I have to deal with a shop bully almost twice my size ( I'm 5' 5" 155 lbs soaking wet ) that is running the newest machine that I was running before I went out hurt for 3 months last March. Now he has his nose so far up magements asses that he can tell what they had for lunch.

It's always tough to see past the bad part of what's going on now.

I've learned to ( like a lot of the posts state ) let what ever happens happen and not let the situation take over my mind. If they want to fire me which has been mentioned more than a few times this year F@%& them and all they stand for.

I'll say a prayer for you man as I head off to work this morning.

Bill,that is plain bullsh!t! Period! I have been in the machining business for 22 years,have been at my place of employment for the past 21 years,and we never treat people like this at all. Everyone screws up,no-one is perfect.
I happen to believe that you are a class act when it comes to your skills and he is a retard for even thinking about letting you go!Last I knew,and still know...GOOD MACHINISTS/set up/grammers are getting harder and harder to come by.
We are looking for a skilled cnc lathe guy right now.If you could re-locate,I'd get you a great job in a second!
My Other Home

i am sorry to hear this, if they do cut you loose i truly belive that there is a better job just waiting for you. just as Fate said in his post everthing happens for a reason. i belive everthing will work out to the good for you. we live in america the land of opportunity if this happens it is a step into a better direction.

Well I almost hate to ask but todays the day....... What did the scum come up with? We got your back.....
guns.gif

All I can add, is that it happens everywhere, and at all levels. I am going through the same type of crap right now. This week, the new fiscal year starts, and I was bumped by a friend of the boss. This guy already retired and came back to GS work as a contractor...
However, he was in a different area before, doing different work before. Now, since he's the bosses friend, he has my position. And I'm slowly being moved out the door. I have no doubt that I'll be unemployed in the next 6 months or the next year at most. And I can't do a damn thing about it...
Sux, but that's how it is.
The buddy system.
I could file all kinds of things, but that will only label me as a whiner and blackball me completly. So, I'll ride it out and hope the guys dies, since he's 5" tall and weighs around 450#...
But as in your case, I'm a Gringo, he's a Hispanic as is my boss, and almost everyone else down here in Vato land...
Projekt, you were wandering why I'm always posting things about the locals. Here's a good example.
Race is the key to a good job down here, not experience, skill, education, training, or even ability...
So, I'm sorry for your situation. But ride it to the ground and make them work for it also.
Meaning, don't just walk away and let them win. Make them lose a little sleep.
Make both the boss, and his buddy, look bad in front of everyone every chance you get...
What are they gonna do, fire ya...
And if ya wander how he can bump me, here's how.
I have never claimed a disability...
He is disabled...
Guess how...
He is obese, and is considered disabled becauseof that...
So, therefor, he wins, by the Gov rules and standards...
A disabled person get first consideration...
And being a minority just compounds that...
He's a disabled, minority, employee...
So yes, I'm bitter about that...
The race issue rears it's ugly head...

David

Bill,

Hate to hear about this situation. It sounds like your Boss is doing something called a "constructive firing" which is illegal. He is constructing a situation to get you off his payrol so he can save money with a lower paid employee. He doesn't seem too smart.

You on the other hand a smart and have very valuable skills that another company would be interested in. So, I would begin getting feelers out now, show up the bastid of a boss you have by doing an even more superb job than you already do (if that is possible), and then just drop the hatchet on him when you find a new job.

Have you ever considered working as a sportbike instructor? You certaintly have the skills and knowledge to do this. Just think of how great it would be to just ride a bike all the time and get paid to do it. Just a thought.

Now go in there and show them all up, Bill.

I am really sorry to hear that. I worked in a machine shop for 5 years, on a much lower scale then you, I loaded cast iron blanks into 3 cnc's - they had approx a 15 min cycle each machine. After they were done I had to blow them out and drill & tap 1 hole on a double drill press they had set up. While the machines were running I had to constantly check the tolerances, add coolant, shovel the chips out of the back and make sure 5 woman had parts at all times, removed their finished work. Mandatory 55 hrs a week. Man that job shortened my life, not only because I worked my tail off but I'm sure breathing in all that cast iron dust will catch up to me at some point. This isn't a slam to anyone in machining or manufacturing but the mentality in those places are so cut-throat. I took a month off because I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I went back on freakin Paxil and worked for 2 years then I left for 5 months because I injured my right arm in a freak accident at home. That was when I had to sell my GS500. It gave me time to think. I went back after that and worked a few weeks and called one morning and said I quit because I can't take it anymore. I bounced around a little for a couple years, even tried my luck selling cars. I was good at that but the hours were killing me. I never saw my wife. My days off were while she worked. I don't talk about my personal life a bunch but people that know me know that Michelle & I are best buds. It hurt bad being away from each other that much. The money wasn't worth it. I got this job through a temp agency, been here 4 years now and make good cash. My point finally? This might be a blessing in disguise for you. I hope it all works out for you. KEVIN

The mentality of a tree full of monkeys is better than the mentality of a shop full of 'button pushers'.
The only thing that keeps me sane when dealing with the guys on the floor from my engineering/programming stance,is they pay me a whole heck of a lot more....
This is how I can actually make it thru the day by laughing under my breath all the way to the bank!!!

Good luck Bill,you deserve much better than thi!
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear it Bill. Keep your head up. IT is sad that the world thrives from all types of people inclduing your twisted azz boss.

Remember the Lord never closes one door without opening another. As long as you believe, then what you had once, you can get again, probably better than before.

(Devious @ Oct. 04 2006,04:12) Projekt, you were wandering why I'm always posting things about the locals. Here's a good example.
Race is the key to a good job down here, not experience, skill, education, training, or even ability...
So, I'm sorry for your situation. But ride it to the ground and make them work for it also.
Make both the boss, and his buddy, look bad in front of everyone every chance you get...
He is disabled...
Guess how...

David
I hear you Bud...
There is no question that you are in a role reversal of sorts... Kinda like the movie White Man's Burden except instead of a predominantly Black community you are  among the Veteranos... So you have a perspective few gavachos will ever experience.
As your experience has shown you there will always be a tradeoff where you choose to live; be it the weather, hurricanes, earthquakes or the inter-personal factors.
I will gladly say that an incompetent person of any color needs to be cut loose. In Jinkster's case he has been wronged by a lot of actions of his paisano counterpart.
Get the boss to fire the paisano because he phugs things up.
I think that everyone has their reasons to hold whatever grudges against various other groups.  I see the human element in this world a lot differently than I used to some years back. Even the pinches gringos, tu sabes amigo...

(Projekt @ Oct. 04 2006,09:36)
(Devious @ Oct. 04 2006,04:12) Projekt, you were wandering why I'm always posting things about the locals. Here's a good example.
He is disabled...
Guess how...

David
I hear you Bud...
There is no question that you are in a role reversal of sorts... Kinda like the movie White Man's Burden except instead of a predominantly Black community you are  among the Veteranos... So you have a perspective few gavachos will ever experience.
As your experience has shown you there will always be a tradeoff where you choose to live; be it the weather, hurricanes, earthquakes or the inter-personal factors.
I will gladly say that an incompetent person of any color needs to be cut loose. In Jinkster's case he has been wronged by a lot of actions of his paisano counterpart.
Get the boss to fire the paisano because he phugs things up.
I think that everyone has their reasons to hold whatever grudges against various other groups.  I see the human element in this world a lot differently than I used to some years back. Even the pinches gringos, tu sabes amigo...
True...

Dayumm Bill! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. If you wanna move into the mountains, VA is a beautiful place. And we have some fun twisties to keep you in shape for the next bash...

Hope it all works out man, It sucks to hear when shid like this happens.

If he fires you, it is likely that you will get to draw unemployment. That should be enough to get you by until you can find something else........
Look into it!

Back