I got the post upgrade blues

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I hate it when you do a major upgrade on the bike and then it's all over. No more long nights in the garage, no opening boxes with cool stuff, and no stuff on the steps when I get home from work. I go in the garage and I just want to take the bike apart and change something. But I have spent all my money and all that's left to do is just ride the dang thing.

Still feeling sort of depressed, it's a big let-down. Part of the problem is I didn't pace myself, I did the paint, exhaust, trunk, and suspension all at one time. So I wrote a song about it, want ta hear it? here it tis:

Dropped my Busa at the Phillips,
Right there for all to see.
Five guys rushed to lift my baby,
didn't give a f' about me.

Someone said crashin’s part of riding
I suppose that’s just the dues.
But crashin ain’t spota be part of parking
I got the done fixed ma Busa blues

Hulu - In Living Color: Tubbs At Fatback's Funeral

Lol! Been awhile since picked up the old Fender Precision 4-string.

Man, it’s past my bedtime…………

Hey bro! I am not there yet because I still have a few wires to hook up and some software to play with. :laugh: But I think you would feel better if we plan a ride for Saturday!!! I have my schedule cleared until early afternoon. :thumbsup:

I feel you. Been bored with the busa lately. Just like you I did most of on the mods in bulk. Thinking about selling her.

im about to have the same feeling ive done so much to the bike its sickening since october and it will all be finished as of this week

Wish you didn't say outta money, I was gonna just drop mine off, and let you start over again, LoL !!!

Nice song !! I use to LOVE that dude from In Living Color........wrote a song about it, like to hear it, well here it go !!!

it's like that sometimes man, if you have the funds you should pick up a wrecked bike with a good frame or some blank frame and just build something.

oh I think I will be in the same boat as you as I'm also coming to an end with the current overhaul of my busa project. :banghead:

Time to get out and ride it ! :thumbsup:

Winter will be here before you know it.

Ride Ride Ride.

You can bank some $$$ till winter and then start anew, or get project bike or volunteer to help someone else out (Maybe even for $$)
That might take away your blues...:laugh:

My bike has been 'done' for almost two yrs. I don't really remember spending anything on it since. Just bought some used saddlebags for her and a new lid for me. That's about it.

I hear you. People sometimes really don't understand the fact that 50% of the fun of motorcycling for me is tinkering with the bike. It's very theraputic.

Speaking of "The Blues", I also play guitar, and if I spent half the time practicing that I spend tinkering with guitars and equipment, I'd be able to play the guitar. It's a good thing that you don't really have to "practice" riding the bike. It is satisfying to know that we ride "The SRV" of motorcycles.

Just go to pashnit's site. I'm sure you will find something to add :-)

This arrived today. We are getting them all packaged up for Tuesday shipping. :thumbsup:

7588537640_89a961d5f0_b.jpg

Things I am thinking about buying to cure the blues.

Marchesini forged mags in gold

Corbin beetle bags.

Parts I have that are not yet installed.

Woodcraft stator cover
Speedo healer
Brocks dual CT
Mirror block off plates
19 tooth front sprocket

Bike getting wrapped by the end of August.

Back