I got one

Cyclingbenjy

Registered
Hello all,
So after weeks of searching and looking at bikes, some good, some bad, some really bad,I finally traded in my triumph speedmaster and bought a gen 1, 2007 in blue.
I felt I got a good deal for the money, overall great condition visually with only 8000 miles on the clock, this was backed up by the MOT history( both paper and online copies) and a HPI check.
It was garaged for the past 2 years but seems to be running great.
It’s currently at a mechanics having a full mechanical check over, major service and braided brake hoses fitted before going on the dyno to make sure everything is ok.
Once I get her back I’m going to add some blueflame end cans and then we’re off to Scotland on a road trip.
I’ll keep you all updated on progress

297F1213-C581-4D96-AE78-E8777751E7F0.jpeg

Hello all,
So after weeks of searching and looking at bikes, some good, some bad, some really bad,I finally traded in my triumph speedmaster and bought a gen 1, 2007 in blue.
I felt I got a good deal for the money, overall great condition visually with only 8000 miles on the clock, this was backed up by the MOT history( both paper and online copies) and a HPI check.
It’s currently at a mechanics having a full mechanical check over, major service and braided brake hoses fitted before going on the dyno to make sure everything is ok.
Once I get her back I’m going to add some blueflame end cans and then we’re off to Scotland on a road trip.

View attachment 1599413

Nice bike! You're on your way!
Nearly every person on this forum agrees that a Gen I is a great first starter bike on your way to the superior (and faster and better looking) Gen II.
Just kidding, as others have said, your new bike looks so clean! Congratulations! Keep us updated with the changes you make and the rides you take!

Hello all,

View attachment 1599413
Good eye and it sure is clean and unmolested. Happy for your good fortune/find.

Slip-on or bolt-on mufflers don't change A/F ratio or hp very much; but wouldn't you want to change the mufflers Before the dyno??
Might as well get every bit you can.

You are probably right, just wanted to get her fully checked over, serviced and receive the all clear before committing to buy the bolt ons.
I can always get her back on the dyno in the months following the fitting I guess.

Back