I got my smoked turn signals and tail light installed. PICS! I really like this mod

Re: I got my smoked turn signals and tail light installed. PICS! I really like this

I wanted to see someone with this kit. Looks good:thumbsup:

Re: I got my smoked turn signals and tail light installed. PICS! I really like this

I got my rear set on, just have to do the fronts now. Anyone know what those two yellow wires are on the tail light? I had no use for them so just tied them up. Another question for those doing this, do we have to remove the front fairings and all to get the front signals covers replaced? If so that's going to be fun..... NOT!

SilverBullitt88 answered your question, and is right about the integrated turn signals.
As far as the front signal install goes, you don't have to remove the fairings.
Just remove the black plastic trim on each side of the guages. 2 phillips head screws hold each signal in. Not a hard job.:beerchug:

The yellow wires are for the integrated turn signals built into the taillight. You can either splice them into the turn signal wire or into the harness. I believe the right side wire is green with a black or white stripe and the left side wire is black with a white stripe. You can strip the end of the yellow wires and push them into the harness at the top to see if you like them before installing if you wish. You also kind of need to do this to make sure you're not connecting the right turn signal with the left side of the taillight as well! lol

I had a feeling I should have checked on this before dismissing those wires :whistle:

are the integrated turn signals cool, or not?

I had a feeling I should have checked on this before dismissing those wires :whistle:

are the integrated turn signals cool, or not?

There's nothing wrong with them, it's entirely up to you whether or not you like how they look. Look at my tailight in post #35, you can see the vertical row of leds that aren't lit up on each side of the tailight.
You can always go back and try them out, or you could wire them in to your tail light, then they'de light up with the rest of the led's.:beerchug:

There's nothing wrong with them, it's entirely up to you whether or not you like how they look. Look at my tailight in post #35, you can see the vertical row of leds that aren't lit up on each side of the tailight.
You can always go back and try them out, or you could wire them in to your tail light, then they'de light up with the rest of the led's.:beerchug:

Thanks for the info, I think I'll play around with the wiring this coming weekend, this time I'll cut back on the beer a bit and focus on the task at hand!

Thanks for the info, I think I'll play around with the wiring this coming weekend, this time I'll cut back on the beer a bit and focus on the task at hand!

Beer is the task at hand, working on the bike is the excuse at the time to drink it:poke::laugh:

The yellow wires are for the integrated turn signals built into the taillight. You can either splice them into the turn signal wire or into the harness. I believe the right side wire is green with a black or white stripe and the left side wire is black with a white stripe. You can strip the end of the yellow wires and push them into the harness at the top to see if you like them before installing if you wish. You also kind of need to do this to make sure you're not connecting the right turn signal with the left side of the taillight as well! lol

Correction the left side turn signal wire that you need is solid black as opposed to black with a white stripe. The black with white stripe is the ground for both sides!

Correction the left side turn signal wire that you need is solid black as opposed to black with a white stripe. The black with white stripe is the ground for both sides!

Actually on my setup the extra wires are both solid yellow.

Look great on the white. The tail of mine is all smoked, but I need to at least do my turn signals. Great job on the install. It all looks high quality.

As far as the front signal install goes, you don't have to remove the fairings.
Just remove the black plastic trim on each side of the guages. 2 phillips head screws hold each signal in. Not a hard job.:beerchug:

Yeah, its a ***** with big hands! :)

finally got the fronts on. It was somewhat difficult, mainly becuase of all my HID hardware on one side and all the wiring/fuses on the other. But it's worth it. Pix are not necessary as it looks just like San Diego's Busa :laugh:

Looks killer but watch your ass end at night...no joke man. Smoke tail lights at night are not a good thing. I did the same thing with the hotbodies, let my brother ride my bike home in front of me one night and from 30-40 yards away it was realllly dim. I was like.. OH hell no and pulled the tail light one off the next day. Turn signals are still smoked though.

Not knockin it at all, it looks awesome, just watch the people behind you. :thumbsup:

Looks killer but watch your ass end at night...no joke man. Smoke tail lights at night are not a good thing. I did the same thing with the hotbodies, let my brother ride my bike home in front of me one night and from 30-40 yards away it was realllly dim. I was like.. OH hell no and pulled the tail light one off the next day. Turn signals are still smoked though.

Not knockin it at all, it looks awesome, just watch the people behind you. :thumbsup:

These are nothing like the Hotbodies, they are every bit as bright as stock if not brighter. The led's are also ALOT more eye catching. You can definately see the smoked led tail light at night better than the stock. The smoked turnsignals front and rear also look identical to stock at night, very bright and visible. The Hotbodies was a dark tinted cover for the stock tail light and it was very dim at night, no comparison.
And yes, I've been behind a friend riding my bike at night, as I wanted to see for myself.:beerchug:

Agreed. The actual smokes plastics with the LED's work very well at night. Bright and excellent at getting peoples attention.

Very nice. Looks great on the white:thumbsup:

UPDATE:

Had this setup only 3 months, and my tailight is already 1/2 burnt out, all the LEDs on the right side are out.

Hoping its just a loose connections, but im gonna pull it apart this weekend!

:(

Back