I got my smoked turn signals and tail light installed. PICS! I really like this mod

Re: I got my smoked turn signals and tail light installed. PICS! I really like this

The question of the afternoon is what kind of bolts are those holding the tail section and grab bar?

Re: I got my smoked turn signals and tail light installed. PICS! I really like this

The question of the afternoon is what kind of bolts are those holding the tail section and grab bar?

Oh Geez! Here we go! :)

I recently ordered a black fairing bolt kit from Bikebolts, Motorcycle Parts, quality was ****! Powdercoat flaked off the second i tried to tighten them. After 5 calls, and many emails, i returned them and got a refund.

Ordered an anodized set from Home - Pro-Bolt USA Hardware - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminum Fasteners for Metric Motorcycles & Harley-Davidson and they were perfect! The bolts holding the grab handle on are from the probolt kit and the other two larger ones are from the bikebolt kit (i repainted them).

The pro bolt kit didnt come with the two big ones in the back, so i kept two from the bike bolts kit, considering all the BS i went through to return them, i did not even remotely feel guilty keeping two bolts! :thumbsup:

Here is more info:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-black-bolt-kit-www-bikebolts-com-beware.html

and

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...9-pro-bolts-vs-bike-bolts-we-have-winner.html

Looks lika nice mod!! Cheap also...:beerchug:

looks good! i did the blue:beerchug:

003.jpg

:thumbsup: Very nice... like it a lot more than the hotbodies kit

Question on the smoked lenses, do they light up just as bright as stock, especially the brake light?

Looks good against the white ,i hope that they dont dim your bulbs.

Question on the smoked lenses, do they light up just as bright as stock, especially the brake light?

According to my friend that was behind me, the turn signals are just as bright as stock, but the LED brakelight is even brighter.

Question on the kit from extreme kempy. Looks like the tail light isn't just a lens conver but it is the entire housing with LED lights, is that correct? Also, dont' our 2011 bikes already have an LED tail/brake light? Are you saying the replacement brake/tail light is much brighter than the stock lights?

Question on the kit from extreme kempy. Looks like the tail light isn't just a lens conver but it is the entire housing with LED lights, is that correct? Also, dont' our 2011 bikes already have an LED tail/brake light? Are you saying the replacement brake/tail light is much brighter than the stock lights?

Yes, it's an entire unit.

My buddy behind me said "that think is freaking bright man"

I haven't compared it to stock aide by side though

I have the same in my 08. The tail light is brighter than stock, and the led's are more eye catching to the idiot behind you who's about to run you you over:thumbsup:
Turn signals are also very bright, and as noticeable at night.

SDC10926.jpg

Alrighty then, just ordered my kempy kit for my white '11. Hope I don't get all obsessive with blacking out my bike like some people on this board:laugh:

Mine arrived yesterday. Cant wait to put them on.:thumbsup:

I got my rear set on, just have to do the fronts now. Anyone know what those two yellow wires are on the tail light? I had no use for them so just tied them up. Another question for those doing this, do we have to remove the front fairings and all to get the front signals covers replaced? If so that's going to be fun..... NOT!

The yellow wires are for the integrated turn signals built into the taillight. You can either splice them into the turn signal wire or into the harness. I believe the right side wire is green with a black or white stripe and the left side wire is black with a white stripe. You can strip the end of the yellow wires and push them into the harness at the top to see if you like them before installing if you wish. You also kind of need to do this to make sure you're not connecting the right turn signal with the left side of the taillight as well! lol

Back