I got lucky with a cop tonight! YEAH!!!

BigDiesel

Registered
well, first off-for those with dirty minds...not "that kind of lucky!
I currently hold a Revoked D.L. , and in Cop-lingo, that usually means "do not pass go, proceed directly to jail" when you get pulled over again for, well, ANYTHING. But I guess tonight was BigDs lucky night...
I was driving home and I tried to squeeze thru on a yellow but according to Johnny Law, I "blasted thru" a red light in my '99 Durango (sorry, but that truck's motor is so old it'd be hard to "blast" thru a wet paper bag in it) and he asked how my record was-I told'im it was fk'd and he took my license to run...came back in only 5-10 minutes with a ticket for running a red, and told me he was GIVING ME BREAK ON MY DL STATUS!!!!!

I just about pissed my pants! couldnt believe he was saying that, so I just laughed and said thanx, shook his hand and he told me to wait for him to leave so he wouldn't see me pull off...had to say somethin, because this kinda thing hasnt happend to me in like, 7-8 years!

now Im guna go get drunk n watch sum old UFC.... later bruthas.

U sir better buy a lotto ticket and hope you DL status doesnt come up on court.

Might just be a fine and no court. The officer would typically have to note the revoked license on the citation as far as I know.

He probably didn't want to do all the paperwork when he took your butt to jail. It was your lucky day. Oh, and why are you even out driving, sneaking through yellow lights, on a revoked license? Get it re-instated.......
poke.gif
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

failure to stop at a circular red signal.... 2 points 160ish i think... been years sence i got that one

to answer the Karma question: I dunno. Got my wife to quit a job she hated, and let her take the weekend of while I went to work-does that count? Helpd a buddy finish up a drywall contract n worked 13 hours in one day to try n get it all done (he had to boot his guys-caught'em stealin) and didnt charge him a dime for my time (but he did buy lunch). thats about it.

as for the DL questions-
a)its revoked for not paying some speeding tickets from earlier this year, then got susp, then got caught speeding while susp, so automatic revocation....I'm in the process of paying off the tickets (4 or 5, I lost count)
b) why am I driving? becuz my ex doesnt give 2 shids about my record and I have to have Jr. home by a certain time every sunday, and I normally dont go "blasting thru stoplights" when I drop him off (she lives in a township with cops that have nothing better to do but bust traffic violations...very little real crime in her area-but we both agreed it was a good neighborhood for Jr, so that's all that matters...I can take a ticket)
c)ticket is a 3 pointer, 83 dollars....plead No Contest to City Atty, get points reduced to 1 or 2 depending on their mood, and pay the fine, done. No need to show up for court, but if I do n talk to atty, it'll save me a few points. (i think i have 9-ish right now, so less is better)

why do I drive any other time of the day, to anywhere? because Im pretty good at not gettin caught
firedevil.gif

(and I keep a lawyer on retainer since 2004 for just this type of stuff-dont ask how many revocations I've had tossed in my lap-I still dont have one on my record
super.gif
)

(Ken02busa @ Oct. 15 2006,21:37) why was it revoked?
I know you already expalined but I'm guessing two words.

'Haya' + 'Busa".

I had four moblie speed units on my way home today. I didn't get busted but they must need the money. I am glad you copped a break.
beerchug.gif
No drinken and drivin but. lol.

(BigDiesel @ Oct. 15 2006,13:04) well, first off-for those with dirty minds...not "that kind of lucky!
I currently hold a Revoked D.L. , and in Cop-lingo, that usually means "do not pass go, proceed directly to jail" when you get pulled over again for, well, ANYTHING. But I guess tonight was BigDs lucky night...
I was driving home and I tried to squeeze thru on a yellow but according to Johnny Law, I "blasted thru" a red light in my '99 Durango (sorry, but that truck's motor is so old it'd be hard to "blast" thru a wet paper bag in it) and he asked how my record was-I told'im it was fk'd and he took my license to run...came back in only 5-10 minutes with a ticket for running a red, and told me he was GIVING ME BREAK ON MY DL STATUS!!!!!

I just about pissed my pants! couldnt believe he was saying that, so I just laughed and said thanx, shook his hand and he told me to wait for him to leave so he wouldn't see me pull off...had to say somethin, because this kinda thing hasnt happend to me in like, 7-8 years!

now Im guna go get drunk n watch sum old UFC.... later bruthas.
I hope it works out for you, because it didnt for me....ended up losing my license for 1 year. Just about same story, dwlr because of unpaid muffler ticket.....pulled over for not using turn signal....Trooper did not call the license in....just wrote ticket, paid it off thinking all was cool...Went to get my license re-instated later on...They informed me of the dwlr and told me to come back in a year ...

rock.gif
dayum Dbl-J, you shoulda contacted an atty for that-you wold be amazed at how they can take tickets that are already filed, re-open them (which allows them to change actual violations down to lower ones for less points) and turn that revoked into someting less severe...even with 16 ponts on my lic, lawyer got 4 tix overturned into lesser fines, reduced point total to 10 and all I had to do was get an SR-22 and slam-bingo, I had my lic. back (to the tune of over $1500, plus, Sr-22 was $730 every 6 mons, and you have to keep current for a year or you WILL lose lic. for a year)

oh, and Kenny-I have NEVER gotten pulled over on the Busa for speeding...got pulled once for nailing it comin down an off-ramp and blasting thru some traffic to a stop light (cop turned onto street n just heard me-got to the light n branded me the guilty suspect...n at that time, lic. was suspended too...let me go with an Operating While Susp. 4 points, $180-ish back in May of this year) but I only do silly speeds on the bike when:

a) no one else is within "range" on the freeways, so I can fly all I want
b)Im on roads that I am familiar with, so if I need to uhhhmmm....'make haste' and park somewhere, I already have an idea of where to go.

besides-even the Troopers around here wont pull out on a bike doing 150+....they make some calls, but they never try to chase...and Milw. cops go more shid to worry about than a guy on a bike goin a lil too fast.

Now I know where Pandem1c is learning all this bad boy behavior from. He wants to have that Bad Boy image just like Big Diesel. Problem is, Bid D has been around. He knows how to get himself out of trouble. He's a real Outlaw on Busa.  
guns.gif

As for PanD, well, thats a different story. He's our little Busa squid. Like our little baby brother always getting himself into trouble, then looking at us to make it right. Remember when we had to calm him down bcuz he had "beef" with that Harley guy? Or bcuz bikers wouldnt wave back 2 him? How about the recent 1 when he went 2 jail in Florida?
But as U can see, no matter what, we'll still look out for our boy.....PanD. We'll always give him good advice when needed. We'll try to keep him out of trouble. Maybe 1 day, he'll be just like his role model....BigD  
bowdown.gif

PS: BigD doesnt dance with Peter Pan
laugh.gif

(BigDiesel @ Oct. 16 2006,11:05) WTF
rock.gif
 where'd Peter Pan come from?

hell, I dont dance period! LoL  
wow.gif
Sorry BigD, I hate to break it to U but our litttle Busa brother PanD was caught dancing with Peter Pan. Check out his pix from Fla. Maybe now U can straighten him out. Good luck.

Back