I Got Laid Off Now What?

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
I don't even know what to say. I've been with the company 5yrs and had 10 days off total. I've worked six days a week 90hr a week minimum since the first day I started. I was told I was let go due to economics, and the job was given to one of my guys because he makes 3 dollars an hr less. So much for Employer loyalty.

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
dang that is just wrong, prayers for something better in the future :thumbsup:
It's hard to find work in my area, so the family is already prepared for a move. It does suck to go home and tell six kids it'll be ok when I have no idea. Thankfully I always keep about 6 mo. worth of a nest egg, but damn it still sucks.

I hope everything turns out ok for you Solarbarack. I work for a school district here in Arizona and I worry about my job every day.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hang in there man you can do it... I hate seeing our members that are in this situation all over...

We (America) will bounce back soon!

Cap

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
Hang in there man you can do it... I hate seeing our members that are in this situation all over...

We (America) will bounce back soon!

Cap
Thanks Cap. i have a lot of skills, but hate to uproot my family for work. I'm heading into Boston on Friday for a couple of prospects.

These are difficult times for many of us, sales are so far down with my business that I've had to take on a part time management position just to make ends meet. Sometimes you just gotta do whatever is necessary to get by. :confused2:

It's hard to find work in my area, so the family is already prepared for a move. It does suck to go home and tell six kids it'll be ok when I have no idea. Thankfully I always keep about 6 mo. worth of a nest egg, but damn it still sucks.

Glad to see you have that nest egg.. it'll work out:please::please::beerchug:

i feel your pain . i got laid off 9months ago just after i bought a new truck and my busa . its been hard the unemployment barely covers the truck payment ,the bike payment and rent the job market here in C.A. is so bad i am moving to new hampshire to get a job. keep your head up brother . i will be rooting for ya :cheerleader:

Blazing-Saddle

"Kowalski"
Donating Member
Registered
I live by a bit of wisdom my mother passed down to me "Things happen for a reason". I think there may be something better down the road for you so good luck!

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
I'm with you. Just say, "Unemployment" and get your maximum weekly. Due to your job history, and weekly load you'll get quite a sum.

I'm in a similar situation with Local 165 here in Vegas. Not getting the maximum on weeks we have no banquet work, but I'm making a little on the side doing mechanical work on friend's cages and scooters. I don't like having to turn wrenches when I do a lot of charity work in that area anyway, but it helps making ends meet. It's also paying for these necessities like tires, and chains, and clutches. :super: My only vacation-type trip this year will be the Stampede at the end of July.......:whistle:

Maybe 2010 will be better.........???

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
That sucks bro. That area of PA is really hurting. Moving aint such a bad thing, just hang in there. It will get better.

Trashy

Registered
Sorry to hear, Bro. I think everyone is having it rough. We had to take a $500.00 a week cut here, just to keep our jobs. It's better than unemployment though. Hang in there, an just one day at a time. :thumbsup: