I got bored and made ex system

jpracecraft

Registered
Ive been looking into the shorty single ex systems. I didnt like the leo vince system, I cant find a pic of a kr tuned system on a busa and didnt like the 1500. price .
So I made my own, I started w/ a stock pipe donated from the board. I cut up and new gsxr650 muffler just for the tip and gutted it .
I used some 1 7/8 mandrel pre bent from the local hot rod shop to form the 2 into one. I knife edged the inside where they come together.
I mated the rear into 2 1/2" into some more pre bent up into the the tip section.
While tacking the system together on the bike I realized i could keep it all one peice and left it that way. I wrapped the system with ex wrap as it was 2 inches off my heel. And I dont get any heat off of it at all.
Only downside is its un-godly loud , so im working on a baffle now.
Flame away.
firedevil.gif

system_1.JPG

on the bike with a good coat of 1200 degree paint. Im gonna grind off the mounting tabs for the heat shield as it doesnt seam to need it.

new_ex.JPG

During the re assembly I realized I had several perfect tools for mixing and filling the hard to reach IE . pour into radiator inlet just sitting around the shop.

filler.JPG

Crazy looking rear passenger foot peg. What's IE
rock.gif
and where did you get that crazy green JD
rock.gif

rock.gif

Nice job on the exhaust want something like that
just don't have the skills to do it or money to buy
itwill get it done this winter. Theres nothing like
raidoactive J.D to keep your bike cool
biggrin.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 20 2007,19:59) Crazy looking rear passenger foot peg. What's IE
rock.gif
and where did you get that crazy green JD
rock.gif
passenger.. Ha.
laugh.gif

And Youve heard of green lable Jack Right?

donated stock header....25 dollars for shipping
3 pieces prebent pipe....45 dollars
gsxr 600 muffler parts....50 dollars
exhaust wrap.................45 dollars

Hearing HD guys compain my
exhaust is too loud..........PRICELESS.

Just checked it with a DB meter  197 at 7G.
good thing I ride w/ earpugs.

rock.gif

We made a full custom system for a Turbo T-Rex from scrap stainless parts and had Area-P make me a 2.5 inch core carbon muffler to go with it. Came out pretty decent....our first try at it.
super.gif

Project_T_Rex_181.jpg

(forceofnature @ Jul. 21 2007,04:57) 197 at 7k!?  Damn that is ear splitting loud.  What distance was that measured at?
about 3 feet back. Ive had grown men ask to hear it , at idle its deep and very rumbly and when I twist it they wince ,jump back and hold their ears. Then they ask when will their ears stop ringing.
Thats why im working on a baffle now. Dont like to deafen friends ya know.

(jpracecraft @ Jul. 21 2007,08:38)
(forceofnature @ Jul. 21 2007,04:57) 197 at 7k!? Damn that is ear splitting loud. What distance was that measured at?
about 3 feet back. Ive had grown men ask to hear it , at idle its deep and very rumbly and when I twist it they wince ,jump back and hold their ears. Then they ask when will their ears stop ringing.
rock.gif

Need to check decibel meter- 150 decibels will make holes in solid concrete according to physicists. I believe loudest recorded rock band weighed in at 117 or so...

As for flames, what kind of small-thinking turd would flame creativity?!? That took a lot of work, props to you. I'm not sure the can is MY cup of tea, but if everyone liked the same thing life would get pretty boring!!
smile.gif

I'm playing with exhaust fabrication now myself, but just cutting and bolt-on type, I have no welding skills.

Wish there was a cheap header 4-1 available...
sad.gif

Anyone know of a replacement header only that can be purchased reasonably?

(Shibumi @ Jul. 21 2007,02:28)
(jpracecraft @ Jul. 21 2007,08:38)
(forceofnature @ Jul. 21 2007,04:57) 197 at 7k!?  Damn that is ear splitting loud.  What distance was that measured at?
rock.gif

Need to check decibel meter- 150 decibels will make holes in solid concrete according to physicists. I believe loudest recorded rock band weighed in at 117 or so...

As for flames, what kind of small-thinking turd would flame creativity?!? That took a lot of work, props to you. I'm not sure the can is MY cup of tea, but if everyone liked the same thing life would get pretty boring!!  
smile.gif

I'm playing with exhaust fabrication now myself, but just cutting and bolt-on type, I have no welding skills.

Wish there was a cheap header 4-1 available...  
sad.gif

Anyone know of a replacement header only that can be purchased reasonably?
There's a guy in Houston, TX selling Muzzy headers for $100. PM me if you want his contact info.

Dude , that is awesome, "Harley guys complaining that is too loud"? daymn, I love it.

In my book any custom build exhaust seats on top of the list .
Everyone can buy $1500 Akro, very few can build their own.
beerchug.gif

Hope I don't get flamed for this but: Why isn't there an undertail exhaust for the Busa?  Clean look on bikes that have one.
I was looking at the Boz exhaust for my bike.  Unfortunatley I can't weld either.

I like the look of your exhaust  
beerchug.gif
!!! Very creative!

Shawn

Back