I forgot again

TallTom

Registered
I got asked to go to a sportbike night here where I live. They have a place that is just for sportbikes that night. Never had been. So I get a call from one of them and he says "hey we are headed up wanna join us?" I was like I'll meet etc.

So we meet-up and there is about 10 bikes. All 600-750s I think. I don't recall seeing anythine larger but I was mainly talking to the guy who invited me. He says Yeah I'm running 100 octane on a modded motor (he is riding a ZX-6), yadda yadda.....and he rides like he stole it.

Oh yeah and my buddy there is running a 600 class bike with a bigger motor on the track. Had to cut the frame to fit it in...yadda yadda. I'm like crap these guys are seriously into this stuff.

So we are rolling on and as we turn a corner into s wide sweeper all of us, I'm about 6 bikes deep into the pack, and they start to roll on hard. So I said well I'll try to see how I do.

I forgot just how fast our Busa's make speed. They all got a head start on roll on and it took me like 300 RPM worth of WOT to catch and pass them and then I just stayed in it and I left them like they were standing still.

Next light up, they were all like man there is nothing like a Busa....and I started reminding myself.....They are right!!!!

100 octane, cut frame for bigger engine yadda yadda yadda. That is all worthwhile and rewarding work I spose. I think I'll just stick with choosing a better weapon to start with and simply twisting the throttle when I need it.

100 octane....give me a break...I ain't dumping $5 a gallon gas into a 600 to try and make speed.

Nice. My cousin rides his 600 like he stole it and my Busa scared the piss out of him!

Start with the right
guns.gif

My son has one and his friends ride 600s and they thought they were fast until we were on the freeway . They went down to 3rd and went WOT I just WOT in 6th and ran right by . A 600 hasn't got a chance. But try that against a newer 1000 ...

It is funny how you forget what you're actualy sitting on. Yesterday morning on my way home around 7 a.m., sun starting to shine bright, and getting a little hot. I get on I495 headed home, and there's nobody on the road (how often does this happen ?), and after riding in traffic, and just trying to stay out of trouble for the last few months, I hit this spot where there's no on ramps, and NAIL IT !! I didn't go 200 mph, or any where near it, but MAN will the Busa put a grin on your face, or what ? It kills me how mild these bikes are under 6000 rpm, go a little higher than that, it's like someone put another bike under you !! Not to mention how that 4-2-1 Hindle sounded, WOW !!
firedevil.gif

i kno the feeling i have a friend with a 750 and some young ins with other litter bikes im a big guy so they think they have the advantage but i surprise them all i have the tendency to be in 4th on the highway cruise then they down shift and i hit it wile i see them down **** i take the jump and then give them hope and let them catch up then pull the gas and im gone.. love it from time to time they take the jump but i love to real them in.. best feeling..
firedevil.gif

Have to learn somewhere... better to learn on a bike that's at your level than on a Busa. When you're ready, step up to play with the big dogs.

It is funny how you forget what you're actualy sitting on. Yesterday morning on my way home around 7 a.m., sun starting to shine bright, and getting a little hot. I get on I495 headed home, and there's  nobody  on the road (how often does this happen ?), and after riding in traffic, and just trying to stay out of trouble for the last few months, I hit this spot where there's no on ramps, and NAIL IT !! I didn't go 200 mph, or any where near it, but MAN will the Busa put a grin on your face, or what ? It kills me how mild these bikes are under 6000 rpm, go a little higher than that, it's like someone put another bike under you !! Not to mention how that 4-2-1 Hindle sounded, WOW !!
firedevil.gif
I agree - I took the bike down to Dover on Sat to have some work done. Since the traffic wasn't too heavy, I decided to play around a bit - sheesh what a blast! Had to slow down so my family could catch up or I was going to be without a ride home.

Have to learn somewhere... better to learn on a bike that's at your level than on a Busa. When you're ready, step up to play with the big dogs.
whats wrong with learning on a busa?I did.
kickass.gif
Nothing at all if you ask me, but there is a lot of argument that the bike is too much for a new rider. I agree on some level (getting in trouble can be ugly). But I also know that healthy respect of the bike by a new rider can be OK as well.

whats wrong with learning on a busa?I did.
kickass.gif
Nothing at all if you ask me, but there is a lot of argument that the bike is too much for a new rider.  I agree on some level (getting in trouble can be ugly).  But I also know that healthy respect of the bike by a new rider can be OK as well.
Not a new rider. Just forget how fast these things are until somebody gives a reason to put it in perspective.

I met this new guy on a YZF600. Dudes pretty serious you can tell, old
dogged out full leathers. We hit the back roads of Vermont and I have no idea where I'm going, so I let him lead the way. He's definately trying to give "The guy on the Busa" a run for his money through the dips and twisties. I'm stuck to him like glue the whole way. 3 hours of that and we look up and see thick pitch black clouds rolling in unexpectedly. So, we decided to cut the ride short and head for I91 so we can get as far south as fast as possible. Well, you know the rest.
We get to Brattleboro from White River Junction (60 miles) in 38 minutes.
We pull off the final ramp and he says, "I hit my rev limiter like 6 times"!!!
"Dude, how fast were we going, my speedo was burried"?
I said, "I didn't look cause I was only in 5th".
There were a couple times I looked back and he was mearly a distant headlight.

why mod the engine of a 600, just buy a bigger bike? If I'm gonna do engine mods i'm starting with something big already

It is funny how you forget what you're actualy sitting on. Yesterday morning on my way home around 7 a.m., sun starting to shine bright, and getting a little hot. I get on I495 headed home, and there's  nobody  on the road (how often does this happen ?), and after riding in traffic, and just trying to stay out of trouble for the last few months, I hit this spot where there's no on ramps, and NAIL IT !! I didn't go 200 mph, or any where near it, but MAN will the Busa put a grin on your face, or what ? It kills me how mild these bikes are under 6000 rpm, go a little higher than that, it's like someone put another bike under you !! Not to mention how that 4-2-1 Hindle sounded, WOW !!
firedevil.gif
I agree - I took the bike down to Dover on Sat to have some work done. Since the traffic wasn't too heavy, I decided to play around a bit - sheesh what a blast!  Had to slow down so my family could catch up or I was going to be without a ride home.
Rt.1 ? 13 ? I'm too scared to fly on either, TOO MANY 5-0 !!!

My son has one and his friends ride 600s and they thought they were fast until we were on the freeway . They went down to 3rd and went WOT I just WOT in 6th and ran right by . A 600 hasn't got a chance. But try that against a newer 1000 ...
They take longer but go by the wayside as well. I'm on a stock Busa and all the liter bikes I've played with at least have a pipe. My R1 buds won't even ride with me anymore.

Back