I finally went down on her

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
Went to Laughlin over the weekend. Rode the Busa from LA on Friday to meet up with a good friend of mine and his buddies. I wore my gear on the ride there and while we rode around on Friday. We got up on Saturday and it was like 108 degrees out. I wore my boots, gloves, ICON riding jeans, helmet but not my mesh jacket. This was a first for me by the way as I normally always wear that or my leathers. I sometimes preach to people about wearing their gear. As you can see from this first picture, I was only wearing a stupid tee-shirt!

My friends were all riding Harleys and I was the only one on a BUSA. Me and my pal decide to race down this street. Stupid of me, I know. Well, I end up locking the rear tire as I am trying to slow her down before going into an intersection. The rear end is swinging from side to side so I knew I couldn't let off the rear brake at this point or I would most likely highside. The road curved to the right and I ended up going pretty much straight. There was one guy coming towards me in a pick up who smartly just came to a stop so I could maneuver around him. I ended up going to the left of him and up onto a sidewalk. I was trying the front brake but had to let off when I hit the sidewalk and that is when she lowsided.

As I was going down I remember thinking "This is gonna leave a mark" and then BOOM, I was sliding. I was only doing about 15-20 when the front wheel slide out on some rocks. Result is that now I need new left side plastics and a nose cone. Busted the stator cover so my new synethetic oil leaked out. Have already found a chrome one on eBay that I purchased so it should be on it's way Monday. I need to have the forks checked out so if anyone has any suggestions, I am wide open.

I'll start posting up pics! Glad it wasn't worse.

DSCN0063.JPG

Dayum! I'm glad that you're OK! Little bit rashed, but you're walking.

I bet you're sore.Good thing that truck stopped.That telling me to get a summer jacket,ya know,135 south of nashville.

Glad you are ok. sorry to hear about the accident.

Dayum. and I thought only the east coast peeps were having a bad time, sure have been a lot of accidents lately..

Heal up and get better....

(proud dad @ Apr. 29 2007,16:36) Nice job on the polishing,look great.It didn't hurt the stator or end of crank did it?
I don't know yet. I just got her home and in the garage. Gonna pull the stator off tomorrow and take a looksee. I hope it didn't. And yes, I am very sore. Have been taking lots of Motrin since it happened...

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 29 2007,16:40) Glad you are ok. sorry to hear about the accident.

Dayum. and I thought only the east coast peeps were having a bad time, sure have been a lot of accidents lately..

Thanks Thrasher...I did say a prayer afterwards.

(Shanling @ Apr. 29 2007,18:42)
(thrasherfox @ Apr. 29 2007,16:40) Glad you are ok. sorry to hear about the accident.

Thanks Thrasher...I did say a prayer afterwards.
Yeah, the Angel who was trying to save your butt is probably all banged up lol

Actually, from what your skin looks like compared to what the bike looks like, you don't look too bad, I would have though you would have been more banged up. glad you are not, but you know what I am saying.. Think someone was watching out for ya
wink.gif

Sorry to hear!! Glad you are OK and the bike is fixable!! Gorgeous looking bike by the way!! You look like a perfect roadrash pic for gear endorsement. Figures the one time you skip the jacket, that will be my luck to. The one time I leave the jacket at home and just take her around the block I will go down.
Heal up and get better! I know it doesnt help but it could have been worse. Still stinks though!!!

beerchug.gif

Back