I finally saw Biker Boyz

The Oracle

Registered
ok, ok... This is NOT a troll...

I thought the movie was pretty good. I know everyone is all pissed-off about the guy jumping into the race late and winning... And, he let's the other guy start WAY before him in the race... Yada, yada, yada...

But, what fictional movie doesn't have some of that? I mean, there is no climbing movie that I haven't scrutinized and thought that some of the stuff was ridiculous! And, my father in-law (he works on submarines) rags on every sub movie made... Etc.

IMHO, because we all ride and it is dear to our hearts, the FICTIONAL part of fictional movies is hard to swallow. We sit there going, "that's so unreal!"

But, I thought it was okay. And I loved all of the bikes, stunts and racing. The storyline was unbelievably old and was stolen from about 200 other movies... But, all-in-all, I give it 3.5 starz.

Let the flaming begin, Rip.

I liked it too. And I'm proud to say it. At least they MADE a biker movie. I have no problem with the fiction. IT'S A MOVIE!!!!! I WANT fiction in movies - enough reality crap. I'll be buying the DVD asap. The end race did throw me though - the location seemed like they ran out of money or something. hahahaha that's not really a spoiler

I hope 'Torque' is good also. I'm sure I'll buy that one too.

I liked it too.  And I'm proud to say it.  At least they MADE a biker movie.  I have no problem with the fiction.  IT'S A MOVIE!!!!!  I WANT fiction in movies - enough reality crap.  I'll be buying the DVD asap.  The end race did throw me though - the location seemed like they ran out of money or something.  hahahaha  that's not really a spoiler

I hope 'Torque' is good also.  I'm sure I'll buy that one too.
The special features are pretty cool on the DVD!

I thought the movie sucked and would have walked out had I not payed $8 to watch it. Pure crap, soooo cheesy I couldn't bare to watch at some points..........The cool bikes are the only thing that saved it.

I was thinking I would rent just because of the cool bikes....

Stupid plot with great bikes. I liked it overall. I was sure the white kid was going to die.

That movie blows goat nuttz!! That has to be the WORST thing made in along time. Like the dude racing on the street...then to the dirt...and back on the road. And he didn't bust his ass? Come on now. Then the mother of all hells...the BUSA lost at the end? WTF?! Man... But I'll probably buy it just because the pretty bikes. And support bike movies because that means they might make more of them if they see there is an interest.

Please increase the quality quickly please! Something with a real story line.

ps...and have the busa win!!

Hey Smoke's Busa is for sell on EBAY>>>>>>> what do you think it will sell for?
rock.gif

That movie blows goat nuttz!!  That has to be the WORST thing made in along time.  Like the dude racing on the street...then to the dirt...and back on the road.  And he didn't bust his ass?  Come on now.  Then the mother of all hells...the BUSA lost at the end?  WTF?!  Man...  But I'll probably buy it just because the pretty bikes.  And support bike movies because that means they might make more of them if they see there is an interest.

Please increase the quality quickly please!  Something with a real story line.

Oh DUDE, you just ruined the whole thing for me....
pissed.gif

What was keeping me away was that P.O.S Kid Rock...Man there hasn't been a more useless, untalented douche bag out there since Vanilla Freakin Ice... Grrr.....

Ah well, I'll watch On any Given Sunday and life will be good again...

Biker Boyz had Too much attempt at story. DVD just as bad as the Theater. For King of Cali, the Busa may have been able to beat the Court Jester at best. But hey i bought the DVD anyway to salt away in the colection.
biggrin.gif

I too do not enjoy the "kid rock" thang, but some how I thought he did okay in this. IMHO.

I didn't expect much and I got it. NEXT TIME when they film it they need to show the BIKES more and the people less... when they pan down the lane showing everyone sitting on bikes, they needed to SHOW THE FREAKIN BIKES. Plot Shmott!

I hated just about everything about that movie, was Fast and the Furious with bikes. In a race, you dont speed ahead then fall back, then speed up again, and fall back again. At least they were accurate about a busa having to lay off the throttle so a zx-12 could win.

That movie blows goat nuttz!!  That has to be the WORST thing made in along time.  Like the dude racing on the street...then to the dirt...and back on the road.  And he didn't bust his ass?  Come on now.  Then the mother of all hells...the BUSA lost at the end?  WTF?!  Man...  But I'll probably buy it just because the pretty bikes.  And support bike movies because that means they might make more of them if they see there is an interest.

Bozo Sat Flack,

FICTION! Did you like Terminator 2? I suppose you think that was realistic? How about Aliens? That movie rocked? Did it seem plausible to you? As-a-matter-of-fact, name a favorite fictional movie, and I bet I can blow it to hell during some part of it in the REALITY part. BTW - this challenge does not include Quinton Tarrentino movies, as he seems to hit a reality chord.

You are correct sir... The reality was way off-based. But, that is what we are reduced to in today's age. Producers, writers, and directors think it needs to go into the unreal realm to excite us. We are jaded by the real world.

I truley believe you are intitled to your opinion, so I didn't mean to ream (as I am sure I will hear back), but I agree to disagree.

over and out bro, Vaughn.

Why do some (most) people dislike "Biker Boyz"?

Lets look at some recent motorsport movies:

--------------------------------------------------------
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS:
Total Gross: $144,533,925
Vehicle Physics: OK, no digital effects (I think)
Strory: Ehh...what story?
Excitement: Not bad - chases, guns, romance, undercover cops
Star power: Vin Diesel, other relative unknowns doing OK

Gone In 60 Seconds:
Total Gross: $101,648,571
Vehicle Physics: Acceptable, though Eleanor should have folded like an accordian
Strory: paper-thin plot, and shallower characters
Excitement: Above average - good chases, nice cars
Star power: Moderate - Nick Cage, Angelina Jolie, Robert Duvall, other decent actors

Driven:
Total Gross: $32,720,065
Vehicle Physics: HAHAHA - flying cars, 20 spd trannies, wormholes from Star Trek, podiums while sliding
Strory: "Married With Children" had better writing than this
Excitement: wake me up when the cars land
Star power: Has Been Convention - Sylvester Stallone, Burt fricken-Reynolds, Gina Gershon, other misc. dingbats

Biker Boyz:
Total Gross (as of May. 4, 2003): $21,908,034
Vehicle Physics: HAHAHA - flying bikes, 15 spd trannies, multi-turn throttles, dirt drags
Strory: "YOU KILLED MY FATHER!" "I - am - your - father..."
Excitement: "Honey, I am watching Biker Boyz, and I wanted to remind you to put my laundry in the drier so I can watch it when I get home" - reminded me of a soap opera
Star power: Moderate - Laurence Fishburne, Lisa Bonet, Derek Luke, Kid Rock (hahaha), assorted other warm bodies

-------------------------------------------------
My take:

The top two movies did OK because action was taking place most of the time. And when there was dialog, it was at least a little tense. And the vehicles didn't look like they were doing something completely ridiculous.

The bottom two movies bombed. Both of them featured more dialog than action, and the dialog was terrible in both movies. And what the cars and bikes did in these movies...

You expect movies about ghosts and space battles to not follow the rules of everyday life. You know this going into the movie. But things that you see every day, like toasters and puppies and cars and bikes, you know theuy can't do the stuff that they did in "Driven" and "BB". And this makes most people's B.S. detector scream so loud they can't ignore it.

It doesn't matter that there are a couple of interesting bikes in "BB". I can see better bikes at the local "bike night".

So when you combine silly plot + bad acting + improbable physics, you get people staying away in droves. This is what happens to bad movies. It helps keep more of them from being made.

Finally, don't label me a "hater" because I don't like a seriously awful movie. I think the "haters" are the studios that feed us this drivel in the first place...

Mike [/re-lurk]

Why do some (most) people dislike "Biker Boyz"?

Lets look at some recent motorsport movies:

--------------------------------------------------------
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS:
Total Gross: $144,533,925
Vehicle Physics: OK, no digital effects (I think)
Strory: Ehh...what story?
Excitement: Not bad - chases, guns, romance, undercover cops
Star power: Vin Diesel, other relative unknowns doing OK

Gone In 60 Seconds:
Total Gross: $101,648,571
Vehicle Physics: Acceptable, though Eleanor should have folded like an accordian
Strory: paper-thin plot, and shallower characters
Excitement: Above average - good chases, nice cars
Star power: Moderate - Nick Cage, Angelina Jolie, Robert Duvall, other decent actors

Driven:
Total Gross: $32,720,065
Vehicle Physics: HAHAHA - flying cars, 20 spd trannies, wormholes from Star Trek, podiums while sliding
Strory: "Married With Children" had better writing than this
Excitement: wake me up when the cars land
Star power: Has Been Convention - Sylvester Stallone, Burt fricken-Reynolds, Gina Gershon, other misc. dingbats

Biker Boyz:
Total Gross (as of May. 4, 2003): $21,908,034
Vehicle Physics: HAHAHA - flying bikes, 15 spd trannies, multi-turn throttles, dirt drags
Strory: "YOU KILLED MY FATHER!" "I - am - your - father..."
Excitement: "Honey, I am watching Biker Boyz, and I wanted to remind you to put my laundry in the drier so I can watch it when I get home" - reminded me of a soap opera
Star power: Moderate - Laurence Fishburne, Lisa Bonet, Derek Luke, Kid Rock (hahaha), assorted other warm bodies

-------------------------------------------------
My take:

The top two movies did OK because action was taking place most of the time. And when there was dialog, it was at least a little tense. And the vehicles didn't look like they were doing something completely ridiculous.

The bottom two movies bombed. Both of them featured more dialog than action, and the dialog was terrible in both movies. And what the cars and bikes did in these movies...

You expect movies about ghosts and space battles to not follow the rules of everyday life. You know this going into the movie. But things that you see every day, like toasters and puppies and cars and bikes, you know theuy can't do the stuff that they did in "Driven" and "BB". And this makes most people's B.S. detector scream so loud they can't ignore it.

It doesn't matter that there are a couple of interesting bikes in "BB". I can see better bikes at the local "bike night".

So when you combine silly plot + bad acting + improbable physics, you get people staying away in droves. This is what happens to bad movies. It helps keep more of them from being made.

Finally, don't label me a "hater" because I don't like a seriously awful movie. I think the "haters" are the studios that feed us this drivel in the first place...

Mike [/re-lurk]
true... And, a berry gud response brotha!

The Oracle,

...I'm lost here. You'll agree with what amsctalx said...but me you had to resort to name calling? I'm not going to stoop to that level of name calling here. I would think you had a bought shares or helped direct the movie or something. We all know that movies sucks badly. But next time I post in one of your threads I'll make sure to be as tactful as possible. Btw, I agree with amsctalx 100% on why that movie is terrible.

P.S. The movie STILL blows goat nuttz! *winks*

Bozo Sat Flack,

FICTION!  Did you like Terminator 2?  I suppose you think that was realistic?  How about Aliens?  That movie rocked?  Did it seem plausible to you?  As-a-matter-of-fact, name a favorite fictional movie, and I bet I can blow it to hell during some part of it in the REALITY part.  BTW - this challenge does not include Quinton Tarrentino movies, as he seems to hit a reality chord.

You are correct sir...  The reality was way off-based.  But, that is what we are reduced to in today's age.  Producers, writers, and directors think it needs to go into the unreal realm to excite us.  We are jaded by the real world.

I truley believe you are intitled to your opinion, so I didn't mean to ream (as I am sure I will hear back), but I agree to disagree.

over and out bro, Vaughn.
But the Matrix is real................

ask anyone.................

The Oracle,

...I'm lost here.  You'll agree with what amsctalx said...but me you had to resort to name calling?  I'm not going to stoop to that level of name calling here.  I would think you had a bought shares or helped direct the movie or something.  We all know that movies sucks badly.  But next time I post in one of your threads I'll make sure to be as tactful as possible.  Btw, I agree with amsctalx 100% on why that movie is terrible.

P.S. The movie STILL blows goat nuttz!  *winks*
Just ridin' ya dude (not like vermin's kinda riding ya)... Please feel free to post what you like on my topics bro!

As for name calling, that is a trait I have... You will find that MonstaSlowFag and RubberReserviorTip do the same thing. Sorry If I offended... It is a bad habit of mine.

Two choices: ride the RIPtide, or be barried in the sand baby.

Back