I finally feel like a real .org member!

Those guages aren't stock. The 220mph were only on 99 and 2000 models and the ones on your bike are aftermarket as well. Speedohealer(at least the newer ones) can recalibrate for different guage layouts too, the 180 to 220 difference.
The are countless different faces you can buy from many places, and several light colors to choose from. Scott's does great work. But if you wanna save money and do it yourself, there are several step by step threads on here. LEDs in any color can ususally be found on eBay for $20-$30.
I had trouble focussing on the stock guage color on my Gen2, I sent them to Scott's. $100 and 4 days later, this is what they look like. The white color also looks really clear. InfinateReality has white on his if you wanna search and see them too(also a Gen2 bike)

011.jpg

I may have to look into that for the gauges. I love the way they look, they're just not lit very well from the back or something, if I could keep the gauges and just get them fixed up so I can read them better at night that would be great. Will have to look into it, maybe even see if I can find a way to do it myself. And ya the guy I bought it from said he had the speedhealer tuned it so it was exact on the speedo vs. what your actually going.

Last edited:
Congrats! Be careful of the chrome-like windscreen. Some have had difficulty with it melting the gauges. Very clean looking bike though. Enjoy!

funny you should say that. Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but the top of the gauges is melted a little. I plan to put a chrome cover on the gauges area at some point.

well, this is a record for me. Have only had the bike for about 28 hrs and already got pulled over lol. Wasnt anything I did wrong though, cop just thought I had sunglasses on when he saw me and its dark out so he stopped me to check, but they were clear so it was all good.

Nice bike! I just bought my first Busa this year too. I love mine. I also bought an 02 used. Mine had about 11,500 miles on it completely stock and I paid 5300, so you can imagine how much you saved on the mods. I wouldnt worry about the mileage either. I was thinking the same thing about wanting low miles, much like buying a used car...but with bikes it's a little diff. On older bikes like ours, it's actually better that they have good mileage on them, because it PROVES that they were maintained well enough to make it that many miles...make sense? Anyway, like I said I have an 02 as well and my gauges def don't look like yours, I will post a pic as soon as I can so you can see mine and compare. CONGRATS and safe riding!

ya, what I am thinking with the gauges is that they replaced the gauge faces, but left the stock backlighting in, because I noticed that the lighting is off from where the MPH lines are, and they stop roughly where the 200 or so mph is at, so I think it may be the orignal backlighting form the 180 or w/e guages. Will post a pic asap if I can get a good one showing the lighting.

Ok here you go. I attached a few pics of my bike, completely stock with the gauges on and off. I do have a question, about exhaust, what's the diff in loudness between slip-on exhausts and full systems??? 2 into 1's? I don't care too much to make the bike any faster, just want a good low hum to the pipes, and a loud roar when I nail it....any suggestions??

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

okay I couldnt get a picture that showed it well, but I looked closely at it and its definitely the problem. they back lighting is from the old 180 gauges, i can even make out the kpm numbers. So, what would be the easier/cheapest way to get the backlighting to be set for the 220mph gauges? would I have to send the gauge cluster off somewhere to have it done?

EDIT: got an OK picture

guage.jpg

Last edited:
Ok here you go. I attached a few pics of my bike, completely stock with the gauges on and off. I do have a question, about exhaust, what's the diff in loudness between slip-on exhausts and full systems??? 2 into 1's? I don't care too much to make the bike any faster, just want a good low hum to the pipes, and a loud roar when I nail it....any suggestions??

for the exhaust, still hums nice and low, not high and pitchy like the smaller "rockets" such as my R6 did, but it still gives a good rumble when you punch it a bit. I dont know what slip ons would sound like as I dont have them, but what your saying you want sound wise is basically exactly what my TRS does. Plus, it looks sweet IMO.

First time I took it out when I got home I actually ran into a friend who is looking to buy a bike so I pulled over and he wanted to check out my new bike, I started it up for him and the first thing out of his mouth was: holy s*** it even sounds fast...

I love how you can hear the exhaust just enough, but at the same time once it starts using the HP you really hear the motor kicking in. I just love the sound of the bike all around.

okay well I emailed scott at bluegauges and explained to him my specific situation and asked if there was anything he would be able to do for me that I would be able to keep my gauges I have now and change the backlighting to match up with the 220 gauges. Well see what he says, hopefully he can help me out.

Also, one of the mods I plan to do at some point is swap out the stator cover for a chrome/see thru one. Is there anything specific I have to do when swapping them, or can I simply unbolt the stock and bolt the new one on?

Last edited:
Tonight, for the first time, I got to sign in to the .org as an actual Busa owning member, and I couldnt be happier. I left home at 6am today to go pick up the bike, and got home at about 9pm. Got her up in the twin cities area. 2002 silver/grey. Has quite a few extras on it already which I was really happy about. I got a good deal on it. Here are some pictures, some are kind of bad because of the night time and crappy cell phone pics, will take better ones tomorrow in the light. What do you guys think?

Here is a list of the mods the bike came with:

1) Chrome look Double Bouble Wind Screen

2) Yoshimura 4 into 1 TRS Exhaust System

3) Power commander III

4) Timing Retard Eliminator

5) Speedo Healer

6) Exotic SportBike UFO Rear Undertail

7) K&N Air Filter

8) LED Front Blinkers

9) Suzuki Tank Bra

10) Corbin Seat

11) Vortex Front and Rear Sprockets

12) Suzuki Center Stand

took the tank bra off as I didnt care for the look of it, prolly just going to sell it so if anyone is looking for one, let me know.

I will probably do some other mods as I go but for now it will have to stay the way it is, which is fine with me, I like it.

Also, on a side note, the guy I bought it from has an extra set of Busa wheels that he is selling, I think for $350 but not certain, so if anyone is looking for some let me know and I will try and get in contact with him for you if you would like.

where ya from, i live in st paul

i live in Mitchell, SD. Guy I bought it from lived just a few miles north of the Schwans Super Rink up in Blaine off of 64.

Back