I finally feel like a real .org member!

hckyguy1

Registered
Tonight, for the first time, I got to sign in to the .org as an actual Busa owning member, and I couldnt be happier. I left home at 6am today to go pick up the bike, and got home at about 9pm. Got her up in the twin cities area. 2002 silver/grey. Has quite a few extras on it already which I was really happy about. I got a good deal on it. Here are some pictures, some are kind of bad because of the night time and crappy cell phone pics, will take better ones tomorrow in the light. What do you guys think?

Here is a list of the mods the bike came with:

1) Chrome look Double Bouble Wind Screen

2) Yoshimura 4 into 1 TRS Exhaust System

3) Power commander III

4) Timing Retard Eliminator

5) Speedo Healer

6) Exotic SportBike UFO Rear Undertail

7) K&N Air Filter

8) LED Front Blinkers

9) Suzuki Tank Bra

10) Corbin Seat

11) Vortex Front and Rear Sprockets

12) Suzuki Center Stand

took the tank bra off as I didnt care for the look of it, prolly just going to sell it so if anyone is looking for one, let me know.

I will probably do some other mods as I go but for now it will have to stay the way it is, which is fine with me, I like it.

Also, on a side note, the guy I bought it from has an extra set of Busa wheels that he is selling, I think for $350 but not certain, so if anyone is looking for some let me know and I will try and get in contact with him for you if you would like.

downsized_0725001410.jpg

0725001859.jpg

0725001437.jpg

0725001618.jpg

0725002309a.jpg

0725002309.jpg

0725002310.jpg

Last edited:
woooo hoooo, congrats! heck, how in the heyl are you going to get any sleep tonight? bike is a beaut, man! easily over $2500 in mods on that bike...you did well! :thumbsup:
P.S. so what did you do with your R6?

Last edited:
woooo hoooo, congrats! heck, how in the heyl are you going to get any sleep tonight? bike is a beaut, man...you did well! :thumbsup:
P.S. so what did you do with your R6?

its not tonight I am worried about getting sleep on.. last night I was so excited to leave in the morning to get it that I only got an hour of sleep haha

sold the R6 yesterday to help pay for the Busa

Last edited:
$5,000. I thought it was a pretty good deal considering all the mods it has. Its got a good number of miles on it however (26,800) but the guy I bought it from is a mechanical engineer so he kept it meticulously maintained, and he has had it since 2003 and 4,000 miles, so I thought it was a good buy, and it seems to run really good with no problems, so I am happy with it.

$5,000. I thought it was a pretty good deal considering all the mods it has. Its got a good number of miles on it however (26,800) but the guy I bought it from is a mechanical engineer so he kept it meticulously maintained, and he has had it since 2003 and 4,000 miles, so I thought it was a good buy, and it seems to run really good with no problems, so I am happy with it.

Nice, these things are bullet proof. If it runs good, and looks as good in person as the pictures, I wouldn't worry. There's guys here with over 2 and 3 times that mileage with 0 problems.
You're gonna love it!

only thing I noticed is that at night I cant really read the speedo very well, seems too dull, is there any way to change that or to make it easier to see at night?

only thing I noticed is that at night I cant really read the speedo very well, seems too dull, is there any way to change that or to make it easier to see at night?

Yeah, you can change the style/color of the faceplate and you can change the color of the led's(the lights)

ill check those out and see what I find/like. Ill post a pic of the gauges tomorrow as well. time to head off to bed, gotta work in the AM.

ill check those out and see what I find/like. Ill post a pic of the gauges tomorrow as well. time to head off to bed, gotta work in the AM.

Sweet scoot, and love that color!.:beerchug:
May have to change your name to lckyguy1

:welcome:, Ride safe and congrats!

Bubba

:welcome: new owner :laugh: looks like you got a great deal on that one

here's are pics of my dash after bluegauges finished with it...great work and quick turnaround time :beerchug:

IMG_0198 (Large).jpg

IMG_0200 (Large).jpg

Congrats! Be careful of the chrome-like windscreen. Some have had difficulty with it melting the gauges. Very clean looking bike though. Enjoy!

Congratulations and what a good find. 26K on these bikes is nothing, you have lots and lots of great miles left. :thumbsup:

im not even sure if the gauges are factory or aftermarket. I guess I dont know what the factory ones look like. could someone post a pic of factory gauges for an 02 so I can find out what gauges I have? thanks.

Good lookin bike and you already have several mods. Just that much more you saved by buying used. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

okay here are some better pictures, and some pictures of the mods on it.

The picture after the power commander shows the speedo healer on the right and the switch to turn the TRE on and off on the left

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0771.jpg

DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0777.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

Last edited: