I finally broke down and got a new car!

Looking good
cool.gif

It's still stock except for the Flowmaster Exhaust system but here's my 03.  I love my Tahoe
smile.gif
I want to get a catback for mine. How do you like the flowmaster? I want something that has a growl but I don't want to hear it at highway speeds.
U can buy the Flowmasters in different series , depending on how much sound U want . All of them sound good at idle . Check out their website and they explain what each type offers and I think they have sound clips too .

Looking good! I see those here a lot. I gotta ask... how do 22s affect ride handling performance and comfort on a vehicle like that?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152972524 -->

Looking good!  I see those here a lot.  I gotta ask... how do 22s affect ride handling performance and comfort on a vehicle like that?
The handling is greatly improved. The Tahoes handle really well stock for a big SUV. There is less body roll and quicker turning response with the 22s.

As far as ride and comfort go, the 22s are a downgrade from stock. Stock the Tahoe rides like a Cadillac. You could run over a dead moose and not feel it(almost). While driving with the 22s you can feel the road more, similar to a sports car. When hitting large bumps and potholes It feels more like a pickup truck.

Performance is down from stock. Not alot but it's noticable. It takes a little more gas to get these things rolling from a dead stop. I haven't weighed the stock ones to compare to the 22's but I can tell you they are much heavier than stock.

Gas mileage is down a little too. Driving to work and back(a mix of city/highway) I was getting 15.7 mpg now I'm getting 14.6 mpg. These numbers are accurate, the old and new tires have the same overall height. I made sure of that because I didn't want my speedometer to be off.

I thought the braking would be reduced alot but I haven't noticed a difference with normal driving. I'm sure if I had to "lock em up" the 22s would take alot more time to stop.

Back