I finally broke down and did the Grab Bar Mod

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Well, I finally broke down and did it. I got pretty tired of putting it on and taking it off. As I was grinding the hump, my wife came out and asked if I really wanted to do this, I said - well, it's too late now anyway. The last cosmetic mod that I want to do (for right now) is the fairing screens...
Here is a pic of the scooter....I couldn't wait for the daylight to take a picture.
Let me know what you think.

DSC02983.JPG

Lookin good. I am probably going to do the fairing screen mod next as well.

looks good ... that one mod I've thought about doing .... just never brought myself to do it. I guess I'll have to see how it goes this riding season if I actually need the back seat on there enough to justify doing it
wink.gif

Looks real good. Fairing screens is a very nice mod to do.

looking great man, the hardest cut is the first cut. After that, its all a cake walk. I did the grab bar mod with a dremmel, took me about 1/2 hour to do.

What did you use MC MUSTANG?

looking great man, the hardest cut is the first cut. After that, its all a cake walk. I did the grab bar mod with a dremmel, took me about 1/2 hour to do.

What did you use MC MUSTANG?
Ridercoach,
I did the same, used a dremel and it took about a half hour. I remember that someone said to leave about an 1/8th of an inch around for vibration, so I did that and will check it in a couple hundred miles or so in case any vibration starts marking it up. And you're right - I sat for a good couple of minutes with the dremel in one hand and the hump in the other...finally I just had to run the dremel across it.

I sat there for about 10 mins doing the pretend cut with the dremmel in my hand.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
But when I finally did it, it came out great.

laugh.gif

is that a Corbin seat you have on it. How did you get or make the back piece for your seat.....CRASH
Crash,
It isn't a corbin, it's a Tobin....he also makes the hump pad. Went through a stock seat, then a Gel, now Tobin and it has been my favorite so far.

Back