I Finally bought some track Gear!!

Mr. Anderson

Donating Member
Registered
Gotta love the wife, stipulation was with a new, faster bike, I needed more protection, i.e. leather suit and boots.

I bought the black and white striped Dainese Estiva, this thing fits like a glove. I also got a set of Alpinestar SMX-5 boots! Ready to rock at the tracks, both ThunderValley and Hallet!

what? spine protector?! what the heck, the back/neck protector in the suit isn't enought protection?

congrats, you have to love it when the wife "makes" you buy the good stuff :thumbsup:

DAINESE.....I can see that nothing but the best suits you, Mr. Anderson! :bowdown:

ALWAYS use a spine protector..
Several of my friends can still walk thanks to the spine protector..
Just as important as a helmet and all the other equipment.. :rulez:

I started wearing it on the street before the last track day that I had to cancel on. Got used to wearing it and now I wear it all the time. :beerchug:

The bad news it, if you didn't plan on the back protector when you bought that fancy suit, the suit may now be too tight (I did the same thing)...can't hardly breath with my suit zipped up now...

well luckily I'm shaped like a bean pole so a dainese 52 is shaped for some one that is 175. I only weigh 155. lucky me ona side note, I think I'll get the dainese wave 1 back protector and also use it daily.

I just need to (for more reasons than one) lose about 20 pounds and my suit would fit just right!

The bad news it, if you didn't plan on the back protector when you bought that fancy suit, the suit may now be too tight (I did the same thing)...can't hardly breath with my suit zipped up now...

Breathing is overrated.. :lol:

well luckily I'm shaped like a bean pole so a dainese 52 is shaped for some one that is 175. I only weigh 155. lucky me ona side note, I think I'll get the dainese wave 1 back protector and also use it daily.

The spineprotector that wins all the tests in europe is this one
Halvarssons Track back protector
Not sure if you can get hold of it in the states though

The wave 1 is level 2 certified over here so it has the same certificate as the one above..

Last edited:
pics!
the suit: Dainese striped estiva
5wxq4l.jpg

2w1we8i.jpg

boots: alpinestar smx-5
f0ta93.jpg

I also ordered the dainese wave 1 back protector, should be here by the weekend.
looks like this one: note ***** that ain't me!!!**** just a picture of it on the net
images%5Clg74734031.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, hope we see you at Hallett sometime this summer.:thumbsup:

Back