I filled up while sitting on the bike

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-do-you-sit-youre-bike-while-you-fill-up.html

In response to the above thread I didn't want my result to get lost on page five so here it is. I think the other thread was mostly related to the safety aspect of it. And while reading thru it I wondered if capacity would also be affected and if so by how much.
So I got off and swiped card, when pump came on I sat back on bike and straightened it up. To my surprise I got not the usual 4 gallons in but 4.6 gallons. I rode same miles as always on previous tank so it wasn't extra low either. Normally the light comes on right around 150 miles. On kickstand it takes 4 gallons to fill it right to bottom of filler neck. This time same miles standing upright to the same spot, bottom of filler neck it took .6 gallons more. So it does make a difference in capacity whether your on the stand or not and it is a decent gain.

I will refer you to Post 54 where a scientific method was used and determined that there was a 2/10 of a gallon delta. I filled my bike while it was on the stand and then stood the bike up off the stand and put an additional 2/10 of a gallon in. :poke:

And as far as safety goes , I guess the safest method would be to transport back to 1965 and have an attendant fill the bike while I coward in the ladies room, just like I have my entire family exit my vehicle and enter the convenience store while I fill it :beerchug:

And as far as safety goes , I guess the safest method would be to transport back to 1965 and have an attendant fill the bike while I coward in the ladies room, just like I have my entire family exit my vehicle and enter the convenience store while I fill it :beerchug:

say hey to Goober

Goob sends his regards and a free glass :laugh:

He appreciates the fact that it only takes seconds to clean the windshield

Back