I dumped Raptor today...

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Ha! Had ya going there.... :laugh:

I've been wanting to convert the full exhaust to a dump pipe for a long time, finally pulled the trigger today. Had to make my own dump pipe, figure out the angles, cut the pieces, weld it, grind it, paint it.... I thought it turned out pretty cool. Nothing like the sound of a turbo with a dump pipe.

(my avatar shows the "before" picture)

:thumbsup:

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

D4.jpg

So not only does your bike have a badazz stageII turbo rollin on the most coveted rims in the motorcycle community (BST's)!! you now have now added a great looking set of dump pipes on it and you want to get rid of it for what again?? ???

So not only does your bike have a badazz stageII turbo rollin on the most coveted rims in the motorcycle community (BST's)!! you now have now added a great looking set of dump pipes on it and you want to get rid of it for what again?? ???

:whistle: No one is going to pay what I want for it, so it looks like it stays........ I'm not sad. :laugh:

:whistle: No one is going to pay what I want for it, so it looks like it stays........ I'm not sad. :laugh:

I'm glad your keeping it, it is a nice bike. If you want a gen 2 for looks you could always switch the fairings with a Chinese gen 2 fairing and keep your performance. Just a thought

I'm glad your keeping it, it is a nice bike. If you want a gen 2 for looks you could always switch the fairings with a Chinese gen 2 fairing and keep your performance. Just a thought

No, Raptor stays pure Gen 1. I am a project guy. Raptor is my third Busa. I like modding, customizing, then moving on to other projects. Looks like Raptor will stay with me though, and I am perfectly happy with that. Maybe next year I will pick up a used Gen II for my next project, as a second bike. :thumbsup:

I love dumps. Big on the sweeping curve and angle cut, anyway ...... what does that do for your tune :dunno:

I love dumps. Big on the sweeping curve and angle cut, anyway ...... what does that do for your tune :dunno:

Tune stays the same unless I decide to race it. It's fine for the street.

I tried to get as much angle as I could without changing my blow-off pipe. Do you like the way it turned out? I went with satin-black because my bike has no chrome.

P.

Tune stays the same unless I decide to race it. It's fine for the street.

I tried to get as much angle as I could without changing my blow-off pipe. Do you like the way it turned out? I went with satin-black because my bike has no chrome.

P.

Brother it looks jam up and if I had the money it would be parked in Barnwell.

Back