I Dropped My Bike Today Club - IDMBT#1

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Figured since we hear all about the dreaded tails of dropping our bikes that I'd start a club and offer exclusive membership numbers to all that apply.

Many may remember that I had my son's CBR at the bash a while back and in grand fashion laid it down on the left side with around 15 - 20 people watching. That stunt earned me my SirDropsAlot name change from MC as well as my own rap song by the same during the bash.

With that said the rules are simple.

1. Drop your bike.
2. Post up your story of said drop in this post.
3. Get your free membership number.

I claim membership number one with IDMBT#1.

Now accepting applications.

Someone dropped a Gen II orange and black on the Cherahola Skyway right in front of the 129 pictures tent Saturday (5/18)... scrapped up the bike pretty good... 129 took action pics of him lowsiding and riding it all the way to the ground.. looked ok when I rode by tho...

My stator cover hit the pavement, but I caught the bike before any plastic touched the ground. Not sure If that qualifies... :dunno:

Figured since we hear all about the dreaded tails of dropping our bikes that I'd start a club and offer exclusive membership numbers to all that apply.

Many may remember that I had my son's CBR at the bash a while back and in grand fashion laid it down on the left side with around 15 - 20 people watching. That stunt earned me my SirDropsAlot name change from MC as well as my own rap song by the same during the bash.

With that said the rules are simple.

1. Drop your bike.
2. Post up your story of said drop in this post.
3. Get your free membership number.

I claim membership number one with IDMBT#1.

Now accepting applications.

I'll take IDMBT#2, 3 & 4!
1st - exiting a Mt highway, totaled on a low side exit ramp. Hit chad in the road and bike hit curb, flipped upside down and the rest was history!
2nd - exiting a gas station and hit water and wrist action, small drop but busted the stator and Daniel (Cloud 9) had me back on the road in no time! Good peeps that guy!
3rd - exiting a dealership after new install of tires and hit gravel and with new slicks on, hit the pavement.
No high speed drops but it appears that I need to stop exiting!
Bubba

IDMBT#3

Congrats to you too!

I'll take IDMBT#2, 3 & 4!
1st - exiting a Mt highway, totaled on a low side exit ramp. Hit chad in the road and bike hit curb, flipped upside down and the rest was history!
2nd - exiting a gas station and hit water and wrist action, small drop but busted the stator and Daniel (Cloud 9) had me back on the road in no time! Good peeps that guy!
3rd - exiting a dealership after new install of tires and hit gravel and with new slicks on, hit the pavement.
No high speed drops but it appears that I need to stop exiting!
Bubba

Bubba crashed not dropped. Are these static drops or crashes?
Have to revoke his membership. :laugh:

Lemme know when you have 68 members because I wanna be honorary #69.
Then I can be a member without actually having to qualify. :)

8 years ago, when my brother died, I had a "friend" take my GSXR 1000 to a "friends" house to get it off the road when I rode with the ambulance to the hospital. I picked the bike up a couple weeks later, and the frame slider was scratched...

NOBODY knew what happened.. Hmm.. So I guess I dropped it and didn't know it? :dunno: :banghead:

Who needs friends? :down:

Damn, there seems to be a lot of these 10 thousand mile Michelins that hit the deck. What's up with that?

I'm sure this was all the tires fault.. Not the stretched busa on the Skyway looking at a cameraman in the corner.... :rolleyes:

I'm sure this was all the tires fault.. Not the stretched busa on the Skyway looking at a cameraman in the corner.... :rolleyes:

It was a rainy drizzling day and the fog was really heavy that day. Sometimes the visibility was only about 25yds. pretty nerve racking, but it was fairly clear at that corner All the more reason to have eyes on the road. But I can't deny that I came around that corner and was kinda shocked that they were out takin photos that day. Just glad I didn't get target fixated and drop too. l Feel for the guy, but at least he wasn't seriously hurt

So is that a request? I'm not judging, but I think you need to be the one that biffed it to qualify.

8 years ago, when my brother died, I had a "friend" take my GSXR 1000 to a "friends" house to get it off the road when I rode with the ambulance to the hospital. I picked the bike up a couple weeks later, and the frame slider was scratched...

NOBODY knew what happened.. Hmm.. So I guess I dropped it and didn't know it? :dunno: :banghead:

Who needs friends? :down:

In the garage, off my new rear stand, casters so you can roll it around on the floor....

No pics, ever....but the scuff marks are still on the fairing.

I'll take #5 please.

I'm proud to be a member of such an illustrious organization. Here's my new sig badge. :laugh:

IDMBT #2 Avatar.jpg

Back