I doubt many have done this.

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I was playing with my camera and I don't remember posting this before.

I had to add approximately 1 - 1/2 inches to accomodate my size 14 EEE. The added thickness was necessary to keep the longer piece from bending in or out.

ExtendedShifter.jpeg

Pretty slick. I don't remember who it was, but I do recall a pic of someone extending the shift lever to accomodate a cast...

Dayyumm, you have some big azz Ronald McDonald feet.
tounge.gif

Nice mod!
super.gif

(Rhythm @ Sep. 25 2007,12:24) Dayyumm, you have some big azz Ronald McDonald feet.
tounge.gif

Nice mod!
super.gif
Yeah, and I can't find any real bike boots in my size. Just leather ones like the HD guys wear. Well mine don't have any lights or reflectors.

(FAVahalik @ Sep. 25 2007,12:38)
(Rhythm @ Sep. 25 2007,12:24) Dayyumm, you have some big azz Ronald McDonald feet.
tounge.gif

Nice mod!
super.gif
Yeah, and I can't find any real bike boots in my size.  Just leather ones like the HD guys wear.  Well mine don't have any lights or reflectors.
Sure you can, go to bates.com. They offer custom sizing for an additional $70.

Bates Boots

beerchug.gif

(kaosccw @ Sep. 25 2007,12:48) $300 seems a little steep. But thanks for the link.
I know bro, covering big fire stomper don't come cheap.
tounge.gif

I had the same problem even with size 10. I shifted a foot peg 1.5" back. Solved the shifting and more aggressive position at the same time. I got those LP 360 footpegs. Too bad they discontinued those. Stockers were too forward aside from shifting issue.

Im glad you posted pics, One of my club members wears a 16 , I,ll show him your thread its cheaper than an airshifter.
beerchug.gif

I wear a 15 and don't have any problems, but I guess i'm just used to it. I was able to get a pair of Oxtar Evo RX boots that fit great. I do wear out a set of toe sliders every track day, or 2 days if they are titanium.

(Rhythm @ Sep. 25 2007,12:46)
(FAVahalik @ Sep. 25 2007,12:38)
tounge.gif

Nice mod!
super.gif
Yeah, and I can't find any real bike boots in my size. Just leather ones like the HD guys wear. Well mine don't have any lights or reflectors.
Sure you can, go to bates.com. They offer custom sizing for an additional $70.

Bates Boots

beerchug.gif
An additional $70? OK, I'm checking now. Thanks.
AAAssjani.gif

I think I need to shorten mine. I wear size 11 boots and have to put my heel on the peg to get somewhere around the base of my big toe. Leave the arch of my boot on the peg and the shifter just catches the tip of my toe. My bike shifts like an older Mack truck so that won't get 'er done.
Looks like a decent quality of aluminum so I could just cut the section out, bevel the ends and Tig it back together. Getting slow at work, time for a home project.
beerchug.gif

I looked, and Bates boots seem to be heavy duty leather like I have now. I don't see the steel side supports and similar race type construction that keeps ankles from breaking.

I sent them an email to see if they have something I'm missing.

Back