I dont wanna take the MSF...(rant)

Irish

Registered
[rant] Ya know, people that have an AMA card should not have to take the MSF... We obviously know what were doing just stamp my license and let me go. MSF is great for people that are relatively new to riding. why do i have to take it? Its damn bureaucratic pocketlining. Oh well, ill have to do it sooner or later. I know...im QQ'ing... [/rant] lol

[rant] Ya know, people that have an AMA card should not have to take the MSF... We obviously know what were doing just stamp my license and let me go. MSF is great for people that are relatively new to riding. why do i have to take it? Its damn bureaucratic pocketlining. Oh well, ill have to do it sooner or later. I know...im QQ'ing... [/rant] lol
Why do you have to take it? Get a HOG membership if you want a discount on your insurance.

cant bring the busa tho, thats about the easiest way to catch that $250 fine for not having the endorsement.

gezers like me ...there was no msf when i took my license

I hear all or the time, people learn stuff even when they have been riding for 10,15,20 years. Just go I'm with a good tude and a open mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

yea its a law in CT that you have to take a msf class. To be honest back when i took it like 6 years ago it was a lot of fun yea sure you gotta deal with some people that never rode before etc but it was deff a good learning experience and i am sure you will learn a few things you did not know

There were people in my class that had rode for many years and some had never been on a motorcycle (me); we all walked away saying we really enjoyed the class. Word of advice, don't show off, there are some tough instructors out there and will kick you out of the class immediately. Sign up for one soon. They tend to fill up quickly. Good luck and enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

You never know you MAY learn something.... go with an open mind,

Or you can pass on your wealth of wisdom to a cute young lady?:whistle:

Just saying

Have fun with it, wear full leathers, racing boots, gloves, and helmet. Stick your knee out and hang off the bike when cornering. Have someone video tape you doing it and share it with us.:laugh:

Not sure what it's like in Florida but here in Nev you can also take the ERC(Experienced Rider Course - Now called BRC II by the MSF) to get your M endorsement. It's only one day and it's on your bike, not the little 250 trainers. It's also cheaper. So if your skills are where you say they are, you should have no problem passing the ERC in one day on your Busa.

I agree it does seem a bit autocratic to require the class. In Nev you can still roll in and take your test at the DMV if your skills are in order. What happens is most people wind up in the MSF class anyway when they fail the DMV riding test. Either way you'll probably get something good out of taking the class even if you're an experienced rider, assuming you go in with an open mind and positive attitude.

gezers like me ...there was no msf when i took my license

Same here. I rode on the street for a couple of years before getting a motorcycle licence.

Back then,in my part of the world (Canada) all you had to do was answer 10 multiple choice questions...you could pass answering 8 correctly.

Then you had to ride thru some cones,do an emergency stop,then ride around the block on public roads...if you came back alive...you got yer licence.:thumbsup::laugh:

RSD.

I'm glad I've kept my Motorcycle endorsement since I was 14....

Back