I don't know about this guys

It's possible since the guy on the BUSA weights 60lbs more.....
sad.gif

That much weight and a not perfect rider and it will def happen....
cool.gif

I like the second post:

Power to weight ratio's are really something to be conscious of and the GSX-R 1000's should never be taken lightly. (I THOUGHT TAKING IT LIGHTLY WAS THE MEATS N POTATOES TO POWER TO WEIGHT ARGUEMENT
smile.gif
).

Hyabusa's are ghetto (NOT SPELLING HAYABUSA CORRECT IS GHETTO!) in my opinion and overweight big boys usually ride them (SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE HAD A NICE COLD MUG OF HATERADE). That's not to say that those guy's are not good guys though.... you just wouldn't ever see me owning one (WHY? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE POWER, YOU DONT LIKE THE COMFORT, OR YOU COULDN'T SPELL IT?). I like pure all-around performance vehicles (AND THIS SCREAMS CLUELESS, THE BUSA IS THE MOST ALL AROUND PERFORMANCE BIKE EVER! IF YOU CAN BEAD THE REAR TIRE ON TWISTIES, DRAG 9SEC STOCK, RIDE ALL DAY WITHOUT BACK PAIN/CT OR SOME OTHER AILMENT THEN ITS AN ALL AROUND MACHINE! CLUELESS I TELL YA).

I think the extra 60lbs of rider puts the already weight advantaged 1k on point, but rider prowess can make up for some of it. I am guessing the 1k rider is probably my weight, 160lbs which puts him just over the Busas wet weight minus rider, add in the 220lbs for the rider and thats a hurtin there. He needs to find a Busa owner about the same weight as him and comparable riding skill. I jog away from my buddy on his '05 GSXR1k everytime we roll, it may help cuz I weight 30lbs less than he does but riding skill (for "drag racing") is about equal.

I hate getting tied up in debates with ignorance.

The second reply is useless, yes there is a weight difference and if either rider made a mistake or started in a higher gear then who knows how it would end up.

tell him to line up next to a rider at the dragstrip and see where he ends up.

I also love the one guys sig. "I knew my parents hated me...my bath toys were a toaster and a clock radio! "  
laugh.gif

(heavybusa @ Sep. 25 2006,10:45) I hate getting tied up in debates with ignorance.

The second reply is useless, yes there is a weight difference and if either rider made a mistake or started in a higher gear then who knows how it would end up.

tell him to line up next to a rider at the dragstrip and see where he ends up.

I also love the one guys sig. "I knew my parents hated me...my bath toys were a toaster and a clock radio! "  
laugh.gif
Thanks...

That is my sig.

Always try to add some humor to someone's day

Wow, I'm only 166lbs, I guess I have no right to own a BUSA!

Will the 1K really go 100mph in first gear? I really never knew that.

I think it all came down to pilot skill. Sounds like bologna to me.

I like the idea of putting the guy on the strip next to a seasoned pilot with proven skills.

Stock for stock, the 1k can beat a Busa. They are putting out more hp, and they weigh less. The advantage we have over all the liter bikes is torque, we can get out of the hole faster. This advantage is negated by lack of rider skill, and/or weight. I got a buddy with a 98 R1 for example. Him on his bike weighs less than my bike alone. Add my 270 lbs, and there's a loss for me. Does that mean that his bike is faster than mine? No. Guys the new liter bikes are FAST, don't take them lightly or you will get your feelings hurt.

lurk.gif
 anybody can say anything and depending on which side of the issue your on, you'll take it as the truth, or explain the difference . All  
lurk.gif
 to me ! I know I got the best  
tounge.gif

lurk.gif

I'm probably one of the lightest riders (org members) and I have no fear when it comes to taking my bike to the limit (just haven't been able to find the right road/conditions yet_ ... and I'd take on any bike just for the hell of it on a freeway or country road. And because it'd be fun.

But in the twisties, I know my place. I'm not experienced enough to ride full out on certain curves yet. But that doesn't mean I'd get left behind... I just won't say I'm great at it.

Well, I will let you know if that is right this weekend. I will be racing my 05 busa vs my brothers 06 GSXR1000.

(Youkai @ Sep. 25 2006,13:53) Well, I will let you know if that is right this weekend.  I will be racing my 05 busa vs my brothers 06 GSXR1000.
Sweet, give us the stats when you're done.

A guy at work has been wearing me out about how his zx10 would cream my busa on the twisties or in a drag race. Rode with him the first time last week , and although the zx was fast, I put it on him bad from a standing start. I have been riding longer than he has been alive, so I may have an advantage at the start. I do weigh about 50 lbs. more. By the looks of his chicken strips, I don't think he wants to try me in the twisties.

(GSXcite @ Sep. 27 2006,20:44) A guy at work has been wearing me out about how his zx10 would cream my busa on the twisties or in a drag race. Rode with him the first  time last week , and although the zx was fast, I put it on him bad from a standing start. I have been riding longer than he has been alive, so I may have an advantage at the start. I do weigh about 50 lbs. more. By the looks of his chicken strips, I don't think he wants to try me in the twisties.
'Atta boy, Hal  
muscle.gif

beerchug.gif

Wow, that's funny. I can't go anywhere without my wife on the back. That puts us at 300 pounds that my 'Busa is carrying. I have an '06 stock except for the GIPro TRE and Yosh RS3 slip ons (no mapping). I run around with about 5 different GXSR1000's of varying years. A total of two of them can put it to me in the mountains with them solo and me two up.

On the highway, from anything over 30 mph, the 'Busa will embarrass them *every* time, and that is still with me being two up and them being solo. This has happened 100% of the time. If you get a Hayabusa up about 8K or 9K, there just isn't much that'll beat it.... period. I say the guy bragging was racing someone who didn't put it much over 5K rpms.

A stock Gixxer 1K is faster in the 1/4 mile than a stock Busa...now put a rider on the Busa
that is 60 lbs heavier than the Gixxer rider and who do you think is gonna win EVERYTIME
rock.gif

My buddy has an 06 gsxr 1k and I have an 06 busa. He is a little faster until 150 then I start to take him. We have done this several times with the same results and by little i mean like one bike lenght. The 1k has had 7 years of r&d that the busa has not recieved. So one would have expected it to catch up. If you read factory quarter mile times the 1k is a little faster. I prefer the busa because it is more comfortable than the 1k.

the quarter mile times on the 1k are faster than the busa. look it up in the Motorcyclist magazine. usually they have all the numbers at the end of every issue.

From my experince..
I raced a modified 05 GSXR1k against my 05 stock Hayabusa..  I'm sure the rider weights factored into this.. I'm 170lbs (Busa) .. He's about 280lbs (GSXR1K)

We did a few 70mph roll on.. (3nd gear to 6th) Even with his extra weight he would bolt out in front of me about 4 lengths every time he shifted.. Eventually the Busa would catch up and pass him..This lasted until the very top end of 6th gear.. The Busa came out on top..

I'm sure if the weight difference was closer,  the 1K would've beaten me..

Back