i did my backlights on clusters

my04busa

Registered
was a pain in the ass but it was well worth it looks so much better and its brighter at nite....showed a pic of it half done...what ya think..

0118092325.jpg

0118092239.jpg

oh yea so much better but when i got the leds i was like wtf lol am im gonna be able to do this without messing it up lol...i got it dont ask how but its done :beerchug:

oh yea so much better but when i got the leds i was like wtf lol am im gonna be able to do this without messing it up lol...i got it dont ask how but its done :beerchug:

yeah when I realized what kind of led it was I did the same thing but go figure it worked. I even made sure I could find another cluster just in case. :lol: hey do you really need that left turn signal on your bike in Jersey :lol:

Looks good!

But i see you didn't totally read my post,

DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!

You need to unsolder the motors from the circuit board!
If you dont the gauges may be close, but will not be accurate!

Looks good!

But i see you didn't totally read my post,

DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!

You need to unsolder the motors from the circuit board!
If you dont the gauges may be close, but will not be accurate!

Ah yeah but I didn't get far enough to jack up the rest thanks god speedo is a little off but not too much more than it already was (thanks to the radars) I didn't pull them all so my tach and everything else was solid and your right that made moe a little nervous but it all worked out. Looks like it may be time to have it recalibrated.

I was the same way.. mine is sitting in the cabinet.. too damn scared to try. I know it was hard.. what guide did you use?

I bought a set of the LEDs off ebay. Dismantle my cluster and changed the leds but somehow only 2 lighted up. What seems to be the problem? Anyway, it's really hard to solder the leds back on. Any advice? Is there a postive and negative on the leds?

are these just standard 5mm led's or would i need to buy special leds for this? I need somethign to do on the bike this winter and Leds are what i'm good at playing with. I usually just make dome lights and stuff but i had my gsxr600 all lit up for a while before i sold it.

Finally got mine to work :cheerleader:. Guess I goofed on the positive / negative thingy. For those who wish to do the cluster lights on your own :please:, make sure you solder the positive and negative correctly.

Let me explain further.

On the led, there is one corner that is different from the other 3 corners. (slightly lower) Once you remove the faceplate of the meters, you will be able to see the original leds. Look carefully :Looking_anim: at the box that surrounds the led. You'll be able to see there is a triangle at 1 of the corner. Place your new led (the slightly lower portion) exactly the same direction.

I goofed and ended up have to un-solder most of the leds resulting in damaging about 10 of them :banghead:. Now I have to order another set to make it complete :cry:.

As for pulling out the needle, I tried to un-solder the motor, but damn, its not so easy :sweat:. I resorted to pulling out the needles instead. The reading did run the first time I fix it back. Was reading at 25km/h when my bike was stationary :cookoo:, that means I can go even faster :rofl: So I took the casing off and plug the meter (minus the casing) back and let it do the self check (sweeping action), then I push back the needles. Unplug and put back the casing. Haven't try the bike yet so don't know if this works.

Hope this can help.

Ed.
Singapore.

Back