i can't find the site anymore, site does not exists error

hendrixgr

Registered
Hi.
i am located in Greece and the last week i just can't use the site as all my browsers give me a "site not found" error.
It is like the dns server cannot find the site or the site is down.
Now if i reset my router in order to get a new ip, the site becomes available again but only while the browser is active.
If i close the browser the site cannot be found any more.
I have cleared all cookies but that does not fix the problem.
Any help welcomed.
Chris

you can also try this..... start>run>cmd>ipconfig /flushdns

Captain has been doing some site maintenance so that may have been your problem.

Thank you all for your help, i will save this page in case the problem returns.
you can also try this..... start>run>cmd>ipconfig /flushdns
I am using ubuntu but every computer in my house including the windows one had the same problem so it seems that the proxy server had the problem.
I had firefox set at auto detect proxy settings in tools-advanced-network settings but after i manually typed a proxy server it worked.
Chris

You should be good, we had some DNS and since you are in Greece it would hit you much later than the rest of us in the United States... let me know if you need anything!

You should be good, we had some DNS and since you are in Greece it would hit you much later than the rest of us in the United States... let me know if you need anything!
Thank you for your help sir!
So far no problem at all but i have left a spare laptop with the old settings in order to see when it will find the site (local dns server will be updated)
Chris

Back