I can't do it captain, I need more power!

Enginerd

Registered
Alright, need a little advice... Just got my Yoshimura TRI Full system on this weekend... Was thinking about an air filter also, but I know that a lot of people say BMC race or that brand that resembles a foam material. I know that on my truck, the oil from my old K&N made for problems with my MAF sensor by dirtying it up... so i would like to stay dry (cotton or foam). I am also ordering my PCIII tomorrow... How much power should I expect to gain (from stock to the TRI full race system and either stock or BMC tuned with the PCIII)?

you will gain from 5-9 over what you were stock
you should have baselined it so you will have a better Idea.
as for Airfilter use OEM or BMC raceonly. or like me none

Sorry to jump your thread brother, but I'm one step ahead of you, Question for Johnny that relates, Same system, sort of , trs full pc111, decided against the air box mod, stock filter, Map is from dyno jet site for the pipe and stock or aftermarket filter, I also pulled the volume control insert out, well I really like the new found power and sound, I'm getting some throttle lag in 1st and 2nd and the headers are putting out some serious heat... is that normal..., is it the map or should I spend the $ and get a custom dyno map, was looking at a GIPro/atre too

(TCcone @ Sep. 04 2007,00:04) Sorry to jump your thread brother, but I'm one step ahead of you, Question for Johnny that relates, Same system, sort of , trs full pc111, decided against the air box mod, stock filter, Map is from dyno jet site for the pipe and stock or aftermarket filter, I also pulled the volume control insert out, well I really like the new found power and sound, I'm getting some throttle lag in 1st and 2nd and the headers are putting out some serious heat... is that normal..., is it the map or should I spend the $ and get a custom dyno map, was looking at a GIPro/atre too

Read the thread, fully understood, I know which way to go, Could you recommend a dyno shop in the Los Angeles Area?

(TCcone @ Sep. 05 2007,11:03) Could you recommend a dyno shop in the Los Angeles Area?
PM Big O and ask him for his mechanics location and phone#. I lost it
tounge.gif

He has a dyno, decent pricing, and really knows what he is doing
wink.gif

His shop is just north of the 405/101 interchange.

Back