i can tell is getting hot

Wallie

Registered
For the last few I have notice more bikers ridding w/ tan tops, shorts, flip flops and to make worse the girls on the back w/ bikini tops. I know is hot but cover yourself when you ridding. If you want to show off just wait until you get to your destination take off you gear and show want you want.

Be safe out there, God Bless :thumbsup:

Ps. wear your helmet

I look at it as a time and a place. All of you gear Nazis will flame on me for it however I really don't care. If I am tootling around town, I can be occasionally caught in shorts and a tank top. My freedom and my CHOICE!

I just got back and I'm sorry I'm a wimp .
85 degrees says it feels like 90 with 75 percent humidity !
I'm dripping wet in my mesh jacket ! Dad gum !
Helmet soaked , gloves dripping .
This was only a 20minute ride .
It's already toooooo hot to ride !
I ready for October !
:rofl:

Last edited:
I look at it as a time and a place. All of you gear Nazis will flame on me for it however I really don't care. If I am tootling around town, I can be occasionally caught in shorts and a tank top. My freedom and my CHOICE!

the ATGATT crew can be a little extreme. i am an adult, and i can make the choice. sometimes i am in full leathers, sometime i am in shorts,boots and a t-shirt....

honestly, breaking the speedlimit in full gear....is not much safer than a 35mph cruis to a burger joing on a sunday afternoon while in shorts and a t-shirt.

I'll be honest when I go out it's 99% helmet, jacket boots and gloves even to work. Every great now and again I will go out with less, very short rides. I have been down in full leathers and been down dressed like I was coming from work with nothing but gloves, back plate and a lid. I can tell you that I never want rash like that again.

You're free to wear what you wish, personally I won't ride with a non-geared rider. The road, trees, other solid objects that line the road have little regard for squishy human types and I really only like to see the outside of my friends. Mushy bloodied up folks need not apply.

Last edited:
funny, but i have had to apply emergency first aid, splint broken bones, climb down 40ft of mountainside.....wave down passing motorists for assistance, and even wait for helicopter airlift when my ATGATT full leather wearing friends have crashed......

but not for the shorts and t-shirts guys.....

Freedom of choice... I choose to NOT have road rash... No thank you... I'd rather be hot and sweaty, than a bloody mess...

the ATGATT crew can be a little extreme. i am an adult, and i can make the choice. sometimes i am in full leathers, sometime i am in shorts,boots and a t-shirt....

honestly, breaking the speedlimit in full gear....is not much safer than a 35mph cruis to a burger joing on a sunday afternoon while in shorts and a t-shirt.

:beerchug:Me too

Freedom of choice... I choose to NOT have road rash... No thank you... I'd rather be hot and sweaty, than a bloody mess...
If you feel unsure of yourself in your environment then you had better wear all the gear and take out extra life insurance. Seriously, it's all about time and place and what you plan on doing.

I used to feel lackadaisical about gear, then I had my wreck that was unavoidable. Luckily I was in my gear even though it was just a short trip. Gear save my face, won't see me without it...:thumbsup:

If you feel unsure of yourself in your environment then you had better wear all the gear and take out extra life insurance. Seriously, it's all about time and place and what you plan on doing.

Plan on crashing much? Or having some idiot run you over? (has happened to me 2x, the run over part) I respect your right to choose, but you cannot choose when some idiot is going to t-bone your bike or rear end you...I was happy to have my gear and consequentially my skin too.

I wasn't an ATGATT nazi, I just was very lucky to have all my gear on in the 1st wreck, sence then I don't ride without it. If it is too hot/wet that's what I have 4-wheeled, CD playing, enclosed, leather seated, comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles for. :poke:

I used to ride in t-shirts and shorts many years ago, but now I dont ever leave my subdivision without my leather jacket and gloves. Didnt Hank Jr, sing "the road rash hurts more than it used to"....:laugh:

In Houston, we had a saying!

It's Not the heat, It's the STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!:laugh: But True!

11:45 in SoFla and its still 78 degrees but the humidity has gone up ?
88% humidity, thats shower time !
Outside for a few and your dripping !

Yes I'm with you. I went out today and I wear the gear it was hot but I will not ride if don have my gear on. Also I/m sure about me and how a ride but there is always the other people driving around you.

Like today I was turning left in a light and the car on my left lane jump into my lane and I had to stop. The good thing was that he said sorry at the next stop light and I told him he needs to pay attention to the bikes on the street.

I was bless this time. Ride Safe :thumbsup:

Last time i didnt wear a jacket or gloves.......never again
7031_101563836526854_100000197131631_40890_91866_n.jpg

7031_101563836526854_100000197131631_40890_91866_n.jpg

Back