I can see now!!!

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
well, ive been selling "HID" style bulbs for about 7years now and NOT 1 has ever been as close to HID as the SILVERSTAR bulb! man theses things are BRIGHT!!! and extremely CLEAR.... heres a before and after.notice the "amber" effect in the 1st pic but none in the 2nd...

JOE

before:...........

MVC_611F.JPG

How does it compare to the one that Iceman sells on here?

not sure , what brand does he sell?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? these silverstar are the best ive seen so far....

rock.gif

Did you get just a bulb or was there some mod required? His is an entire kit.

Icemann wasn't selling just the bulb. He was selling the H.I.D. system. Including the bulb, ballast and all the wires.

Iceman sells a compete HID kit for the busas. The silver stars are just replacement bulbs that try to mimic HID kits. Silverstars definetly are a help over the stock bulbs but there is nothing quite like a HID kit on a bike

very true but for a savings of over 200.00 i think the silverstar is the #1 drop in bulb, if you cant see with that your BLIND!
tounge.gif

well, ive been selling "HID" style bulbs for about 7years now and NOT 1 has ever been as close to HID as the SILVERSTAR bulb!  man theses things are BRIGHT!!! and extremely CLEAR....  heres a before and after.notice the "amber" effect in the 1st pic but none in the 2nd...

JOE

before:...........
..forgive me if I'm wrong, but the first photo is "off-axis" and far away, while the second is straight-on and with close-up..

well?..

i got them at wal-mart believe it or not............

trust me the axis has nothing to do with the lighting. the difference at night was tremendous....... i went and bought the last 2 packs they had and put them in my buddies bikes.... they all like em..... i even mad a couple of bucks for install.. some people have too much money or are to lazy 1 of the 2.!!!hahhhahahaha

I have a Silverstar in mine, Does a good job. More light to the sides, seems brighter, and definitely more of a "White Light". I got mine at either Pep Boys or Advance Auto(can't remember for sure). The HID is definitely a huge improvement over any drop in bulb though but, for just a bulb, I love the Silverstar.

silverstars are nice, but I gotta say if you can find an ICEMAN kit, its worth its weight, heck its worth your weight in GOLD
smile.gif
the difference is blinding, but yeah if you are lookin for a sub $50 upgrade, silver stars are nice bulbs, PIAAs are also pretty dang bright too:cool:

i sell the PIAA's and they cant touch the silverstar , i have an extra one if anyone wants it for 23.00 shipped? i dont need the 2nd one.

What's thw wattage on the Silverstar? Also, are you using it just on low beam, or on high beam as well?

Thanks!

Ok I've owned the silver star and a true HID system. The HID is an exceptional UNIT (ballast/igniter/bulb) and one can usually find it for about $250. By and far untouchable by any other lighting system or individual bulb.

As for the silver star I replaced the headlight bulbs in my Jimmy with Silverstar bulbs and $4$ there is no comparision the silverstar as a bulb only light source performs exceptionally well as a bulb. Which can be found for about $30 a set at almost any local automotive store.

The silverstar are exceptional as a bulb but still don't compare to a full fledged HID unit but then again it sells for about 1/9 of the price
biggrin.gif

Just my humble $.02

blue xenon, pales in comp to the silverstar..... the hid id the way to go if you have deep pockets though.... !

Back