I call bullsh*# !

TJFAST

Registered
I have draged for years so I'm not new at it ! I have been beat twice by a busa with a pcII and pipe(so he says)! My bike is stock(for now) with an 8" arm extension. My 60's are low 1.60's and I kill him to the 1/8. But he blows by me like I'm sitting still on the top end(1/4) ! I can't find NOS on the bike but he's running low 9.70's doing a wheelie through 1st and 2nd. Will cams and head work  help that much or is the NOS hidden really well. Any ideas on what he's done and no he's not that good.    

:0:I GOT A BUDDY WITH A N.O.S. DRY SYSTEM HE PUTS EVERYTHING IN THE AIR BOX EXCEPT THE BOTTLE A SIXTY SHOT AND HE RUNS LOW 9,S SO I WOULD PROBLY CALL HIS BULL ####..ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET HIM OUT OF THE HOLE...

Stock busas have seen low 9s by professional racers. With a pipe and properly tuned, it should be a little bit easier. 9.7 doesn't sound too low at all for those mods. I can't say much on the difference between 60, 1/8 and 1/4, though as I don't drag race.

How much do you weigh, how much does he weigh? What is his gear ratio as well as yours?

remeber you can get to 175hp with out engine work. Airbox gears and pipes. the dry NOS would get you to 187hp. With the right gearing and a good rider you would see even better times.

I've played with the gears and I am a damn good rider ! But he has 10+ mph in the 1/4 on me with bad 60 foot times!!! With a pipe and pc? I don't think so !!!  :hammerhead:  I've put two different good riders(both at 150 lbs) and they can't beat 9.9 in the 1/4. Both riders beat his 1000 feet times but not 1/4. Has anyone seen a busa with just a pipe turning 9.70's that easy??  
waffen036.gif
He's got a stock wheel base and doesn't even strap the front end down !

I would say it isn't gears...I would think that would help down low.

I'm no motorcycle expert, but things that help cars up top are
1) Heads/cam - breaths better at higher rpm
2) Maybe well hidden NOS?

Can't think of anything else, maybe he's just damn good
biggrin.gif

My bike will hit 9.90 and all I have done is change the front sproket and lower it. A guy a met at the track has the same setup as me except he has a 38T sproket on the rear and muzzy exhaust and he weighs 135lbs and his best times are in the 9.60 range.

He's probably using the dry shot nos hidden in the air box either that or the motor is built. No way a pipe and pc2 are gonna give him a 10mph adv he is bs ing you......

:usa:
I bought my 02 silv/gry 2 months ago and my 5th pass on it
bone stock not strapped was 10.22. After that I added a schnitz strap and ran 10.08 still bone stock. yesterday I lowered the back with new dog bones and replaced the triple clamp and lowered the front another inch and if I'm not in the low 9:90 range this weekend I'll be pissed.

I have a new Yosh full system a PC3 and K and N filter ready to install next week after I race this weekend and new rc component rims in 2 weeks and I'm hoping to be consistently in the 9:70 to 9:80 range. Stock wheel base and no clutch mod. I'm 190lbs.

I believe a great rider can achive the times you are questioning.
aktion043.gif

ononono.gif
I WEIGH 165 AND I RACE ALOT AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT IF YOU GET THIS GUY OUT OF THE HOLE AND HE BLOWS BY YOU HALF WAY DOWN THE TRACK THAT HE IS ALMOST STOCK..I HAVE HEAD WORK AND MOTOR WORK ON MY BIKE AND YES IF HE HAD THIS WORK DONE HE COULD DO THIS..OR IF HE JUST PUT N.O.S. ON HIS BIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN. BUT WITHOUT IT I THINK HE IS FULL OF IT..IS HE SAYING HIS BIKE IS STOCK OR WHAT? WHERE DO YOU LIVE MABEY I CAN BRING MY STOCK BIKE AND RUN THIS GUY IF IT ISN'T TO FAR.. JUST B-SING BUT MABEY IF IT IS NOT TO FAR I JUST MIGHT COME OVER AND SPRAY I MEAN STAY ON MY BUDDYS STOCK BUSA....CATCH YA L8TER  
ernaehrung004.gif

Back