I.C.E. kits...What's in yours?

UR IT!

MIDNIGHT FALCON
Donating Member
Registered
I was just curious about what people think of to put in their "In Case Of Emergency" kits on long trips. I'm starting to set aside some things for the trip that I want to make sure I have. ie tire plugs, tire gauge, chain lube, etc...

What is everyone taking? Maybe your ideas will help others out( like me..lol) to bring things they may not have thought of otherwise.

Dan

OK...so you're telling me that with 10,000+ members on this board that noone packs anything unique when they go on a trip? C'mon!

Dan
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont. Other than clothes. I do have a set of Digital dog tags I wear along with my military issued ones. That is it for ICE. If i have any other problem other than Medical I can take care of it with a wrecker and credit card. Medical is the only thing that I MAY not be able to handle myself as I may be UNCONCIOUS.

just cash and a cellphone. If it's a weekend ride it's normaly with others so we all help each other out. My trip from NJ to FL and back was just clothes, cash, and a cellphone.

I'm sure someone will chime in with a compelete kit.

Depends on the distance. A plug kit and inflator live under the hump, if I'm out of "Come get me and this broke bike." range I'll usually have bags on there which will have enough tools to handle a lot of problems including a test light and small multimeter.

The cell phone has peoples status in the directory, Angela-wife for example, and I make sure that I have my insurance cards and a medical info card in the wallet.

I need a small inflator that plugs into a lighter socket...what kind do you have?

Dan
Posted via Mobile Device

I need a small inflator that plugs into a lighter socket...what kind do you have?

Dan
Posted via Mobile Device

Dan,

go to checker's, I just bought a small compressor like that a week ago for about 15 bucks. Its small enought to fit under the hump, and it was good enough to fill a car tire in about 8-10 min.

hope this helps and wish I could be going to reno, but I'm going to have to miss this one.

it was like this one, i got it at checkers(oreilly's)

Portable 12 Volt Tire Inflator (COMP 04) - Buy Online Today.

Dan,

go to checker's, I just bought a small compressor like that a week ago for about 15 bucks. Its small enought to fit under the hump, and it was good enough to fill a car tire in about 8-10 min.

hope this helps and wish I could be going to reno, but I'm going to have to miss this one.

it was like this one, i got it at checkers(oreilly's)

Portable 12 Volt Tire Inflator (COMP 04) - Buy Online Today.

Thanks!
I was just looking at the next one smaller than that one from Slime...I think that with my plug kit and one of those I'm set in the flat department...unless I lose the bead:(

Dan
Posted via Mobile Device

Who know of a good CO2 mini cylinder / tire patch kit to get you back to civilization I.C.E.???
Y'all might laugh.

Go to Walmart, in my local store they have a motorcycle section. They have a motorcycle plug kit which is no different than a regular plug kit except the tools are small, and they have CO2 inflators that are small. The inflator and a few extra cylinders will fit in your hand. The kit came with two or three, and I bought three more. They all live in the trunk. One cylinder will supposedly inflate a 120 tire to 25 PSI so I figure I should be able to get at least 20 lbs in a 190 with a few cylinders.

I have been wanting to get a small compressor, but I'd want to take it two up so if you find one that will fit back there let me know.

Y'all might laugh.

Go to Walmart, in my local store they have a motorcycle section. They have a motorcycle plug kit which is no different than a regular plug kit except the tools are small, and they have CO2 inflators that are small. The inflator and a few extra cylinders will fit in your hand. The kit came with two or three, and I bought three more. They all live in the trunk. One cylinder will supposedly inflate a 120 tire to 25 PSI so I figure I should be able to get at least 20 lbs in a 190 with a few cylinders.

I have been wanting to get a small compressor, but I'd want to take it two up so if you find one that will fit back there let me know.

Check this out!

Slime 40001 Power Sport Tire Inflator - Buy Online Today.

2007090510453280392_lrg.jpg

A stupid question, Im sure, but I gotta ask: If you used the alligator clip-to- battery set up for your power source, I'm wondering could the battery be discharged to a point where the bike might not start??

Keep your bike running as you fill your tire, just in case.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keep your bike running as you fill your tire, just in case.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just don't shut it off until you are ready to ride...they don't charge @ idle...and I
hope it doesn't take too long, I wouldn't want to see you blow your engine from overheating :whistle:

Back