I broke the TEAM GIXXER Golden Rule *@(###*)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
DO NOT WRENCH YOUR BIKE ON RACE DAY (or any day close to).....

Tuf sent me a custom built rear shock (look out, Jay :moon: ) for my trackbike. It will (hopefully) be here tomorrow via UPS. That means I have about a day to put it on before heading to Barber this weekend.

Last night I decided I'd go ahead and loosen the bolts, so I'd be ready for a quick change. Then the fun begins. To get to the shock bolt, I have to remove the can and midpipe; to remove the can/midpipe, I have to remove the rearset. So now I have parts laying everywhere. I hope I don't loose something and this all goes back together without issue :please:

But at least he told me to put tape over the holes in the swingarm FIRST so nothing fell into them, cause the first thing that happened was the socket came off, bounced off the tape and hit the ground...I'd hate to have to hang my bike upside down and shake a bolt or socket out of the swingarm...Yes, this is minor wrenching stuff, as long as nothing goes wrong....

I may regret this, and I told Tuf last night at that moment I didn't really like him too much :)

DO NOT WRENCH YOUR BIKE ON RACE DAY (or any day close to).....

Tuf sent me a custom built rear shock (look out, Jay :moon: ) for my trackbike. It will (hopefully) be here tomorrow via UPS. That means I have about a day to put it on before heading to Barber this weekend.

Last night I decided I'd go ahead and loosen the bolts, so I'd be ready for a quick change. Then the fun begins. To get to the shock bolt, I have to remove the can and midpipe; to remove the can/midpipe, I have to remove the rearset. So now I have parts laying everywhere. I hope I don't loose something and this all goes back together without issue :please:

But at least he told me to put tape over the holes in the swingarm FIRST so nothing fell into them, cause the first thing that happened was the socket came off, bounced off the tape and hit the ground...I'd hate to have to hang my bike upside down and shake a bolt or socket out of the swingarm...Yes, this is minor wrenching stuff, as long as nothing goes wrong....

I may regret this, and I told Tuf last night at that moment I didn't really like him too much :)

You're in trouble NOW!!!!! It's a good thing I wont be there to humiliate you when you cant even ride :laugh: :moon:

You're in trouble NOW!!!!! It's a good thing I wont be there to humiliate you when you cant even ride :laugh: :moon:

You can pass me, but you can't ever humiliate me - I'm twice your age and can still (almost) keep up with you :)

Better yet, how about we take the race school for WERA at Barber this year and have a go at Wera next year ??

Better yet, how about we take the race school for WERA at Barber this year and have a go at Wera next year ??

Racing is an entirely different deal than Trackdays....and I've got waay too many people I'm responsible to/for. Not to mention Melissa would keeel me...

Besides, I'd get to ride in the 'Senior' Class :)

Racing is an entirely different deal than Trackdays....and I've got waay too many people I'm responsible to/for. Not to mention Melissa would keeel me...

Besides, I'd get to ride in the 'Senior' Class :)

Oh yea I forgot, the class where the race the motorized shopping carts around the track :rofl: :rofl:

Serisuoly tho. I am going to give Wera a whirl, if not next year then definitely the year after that... Just to say I tried :thumbsup:

Things are looking up :thumbsup:

Too bad you won't be there this weekend Jay when I set a new TEAM GIXXER lap record :moon:

IMG_1820.jpg

I'd have to let Tuf explain what's been done to it...SteveO?

Back