I be ****

havoc

Registered
came home from work this morning and notice that my rear tire had a screw in it. i only got about 250 miles on it. Well i just plug it and filled it up with air. I ran some water over it to see if it was leaking, no bubbles. i hate to have to go out and buy a new one since this one is basically new. Im wondering how long will the plug last?

Hopefully til' the wheels fall off...

Brian
smile.gif

grim.gif
Your messing with the reaper....Tires are your life line man! Video tape a super burn out and go get a new tire.
biggrin.gif

yet another HUGE topic . sum have rode on plugged tires for years . sum have rode on patched tires for years . On the ol' cruizers I used to ride....get a hole in a tubeless tire....patch it...then put a tube in it . never had a prob . DONT DO THIS ON A HI-SPEED BIKE ,however.
Yer gonna haffta solve this 1 on yer own I think .
How big are yer balls ? Go out , find straight stretch . Run the fuggar as fast as you can . Still alive=patch held .
Go out , find BIGGEST twisties around . Do mach 5 with knee draggin' the whole time . Still alive=patch held .
Go out , to ....work for instance.....yer in heavy traffic doin 45 mph , tire blows , you lose control , go down , get run over by cement truck .....can I have yer after-market goodies...I really need exhaust . KIDDING .
If it were my tire...an' it was the front....GARBAGE CAN .
The rear....maybe a patch....but I'd take it real easy .
Which is kinda like havin' the world's largest %#^* , but only putting it in half way....if ya know what I mean .
Dont let this happen to you.....see photo. Kiddin'...maybe.

2705hanging_buel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
grim.gif
 Your messing with the reaper....Tires are your life line man! Video tape a super burn out and go get a new tire.
biggrin.gif
AMEN to that!  I sell and mount tires for a living.  My company won't even talk to you about doing it.  We offer road hazard warranty called Motoguard for all the tires we sell.  In the case above he would have just had to pay to get his new tire mounted the tire itself would be FREE!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

PS. The cost of the mount is $12.00

When doing near a 100 miles an hour on two credit cards, best to have the best you can have under you!!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

grim.gif
biggrin.gif
AMEN to that!  I sell and mount tires for a living.  My company won't even talk to you about doing it.  We offer road hazard warranty called Motoguard for all the tires we sell.  In the case above he would have just had to pay to get his new tire mounted the tire itself would be FREE!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

PS.  The cost of the mount is $12.00
Howlin: How much more does that cost (the hazzard thing)?

ALL: I would run a professional patch/plug in a rear tire without worry. Maybe not a top-speed run, but I have ran professional repairs on bikes and cars before without a failure. In fact, this very subject came up on sh.org. The bottom line was that no one had exerpienced, or even heard of someone who experienced, a professional repair fail...

Just my 2 cents...

grim.gif
biggrin.gif

Marc "Howlin Mad"

PS.  The cost of the mount is $12.00
Howlin:  How much more does that cost (the hazzard thing)?

ALL:  I would run a professional patch/plug in a rear tire without worry.  Maybe not a top-speed run, but I have ran professional repairs on bikes and cars before without a failure.  In fact, this very subject came up on sh.org.  The bottom line was that no one had exerpienced, or even heard of someone who experienced, a professional repair fail...

Just my 2 cents...
The cost is 10% of the tire. Usually 12 to 13 dollars. So we aren't trying to rape you. No tire manufacturer will recommend a tire repair for street tires. I know I know because they are trying to sell tires.

Tire failure could be catastrophic... Safety first on the worlds fastest production motorcycle. We all ride fast...and we all say to each other be safe. This is one of those lines I won't cross to save a dime.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

sell havoc a tire,with the insurance .when it's just about dead,he puts a nail or screw in it....gets a new tire...everybody's happy . wadda ya think ?

sell havoc a tire,with the insurance .when it's just about dead,he puts a nail or screw in it....gets a new tire...everybody's happy .   wadda ya think ?
OK we are not stupid either! For the first 25% of the life of the tire it is replaced free of charge to the customer. After that lets say 30% of the life of the tire is used. Then we discount the next tire by 70% and so on. The life of the tire is based on tread depth against a new one of the same model.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

sell havoc a tire,with the insurance .when it's just about dead,he puts a nail or screw in it....gets a new tire...everybody's happy .   wadda ya think ?
OK we are not stupid either!  For the first 25% of the life of the tire it is replaced free of charge to the customer.  After that lets say 30% of the life of the tire is used.  Then we discount the next tire by 70% and so on.  The life of the tire is based on tread depth against a new one of the same model.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
ya.....I figured there had to be somethin' . I was just into gettin' the guy a new tire . 250 an' the tire is fugged .
What a piss off . O well....we tried....

OK we are not stupid either!  For the first 25% of the life of the tire it is replaced free of charge to the customer.  After that lets say 30% of the life of the tire is used.  Then we discount the next tire by 70% and so on.  The life of the tire is based on tread depth against a new one of the same model.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
ya.....I figured there had to be somethin' .  I was just into gettin' the guy a new tire .  250 an' the tire is fugged .
  What a piss off . O well....we tried....
thanks for trying

I believe in doing things right even if it cost's a little more, but this one I would say take a wire wheel to the inside area arount the hole. put a mushroom plug in it from the inside, glue it, light it on fire then mount it back up. Then go do a smokey burn out on it. I have raced on several patched tires. no problems. Hell I have one in my tire right now.

I currently have a patch/plug in my rear tire, have held up fine for approx 4500 miles with no problems. I had bought a brand new tire and caught a nail, not wanting to patch it, I bought another, well needless to say I caught a screw in that one. Then I just said to hell with it and patch/plug it from the inside as I said earlier, I'm still riding on the tire.

Back