I am very dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Rhythm @ Nov. 24 2006,13:10) As said before, it was the intent behind how he used the N word. Not that I approve of the word being used by any color.
Heres a quote from someone I was chatting with behind closed doors and think would be a good example to answer your question.

Having said that, I've seen comics (white comics at that) use the N word in their stand-up routines on TV.  It's how they used it that differs from what he did.  About a month ago I saw a white woman on Comedy Central using the N word ("****** bobo" to be exact) and every other word in the book in her act and she was applauded.
[/Quote]
she doesnt count  
laugh.gif
 shes not white, she's italian, and also she loves black men. her whole routine is talking about how she loves sex from big dik black men. i personally cant see why anyone would want to bang that, she's ugly as hell  
all_coholic.gif
 the way i see it, her saying the N word is ok because its just like a black man saying the N word.  
wink.gif

i believe her name is Lisa Lampanelli........she's pretty funny but her whole routine is downright dirty as you can get. sex in every orifice and junk like that which makes me wanna puke when i get the picture in my head of anyone doing any of that nasty stuff with her butt ugly self.  
eek2.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

I don't believe Michael Richards is a racist for simply saying the N-word to a black man. But... I also don't know him personally. He might be a racist. I don't know. He was on a stage at a comedy club when it happened so it's a tough one to judge because of that.

While watching the video (about 70 times) I admit I was laughing at it. Sorry, but seeing Kramer lose it on stage is simply hilarious! We all have our own opinions, and all are valid... but I think what happened is that he tried to lash out with the harshest words possible to the black heckler and didn't know when to stop. He didn't have the right frame of mind to actually turn it into comedy. He actually had the opportunity to save himself if he would have kept going and then fixed it with some witty words, or even talk about how the N-word is shocking, etc... instead of walking off the stage. A better white comedian like George Carlin could have called that heckler the N-word and gotten away with it because he is much more talented and could have spun it all in his favor with a funny bit. Michael Richards proved, to me, that he just isn't the most talented stage comedian... not neccessarily a racist. I could be wrong, though, because I don't know him. For all I know he holds secret Hollywood KKK meetings...

How do you think it feels for a white person like myself,who not only cant say the word "white" without being looked at as a racist,but cant even say the word "black" without it either.
There are many,many all black events and orgainzations in the world,but there is almost nothing for white.
There is an all "black" pilots org....what would happen if we made an all "white" one?? Yea right,never happen,we would be racists!!
I personally dont feel the need to be a part of any all "white" organization at all,but if the black people do,so be it.But I am sick an tired of the double edge sword that we white people are held against.And remember,some of our forefathers that partook in founding this great country of the USA,did in fact own black slaves!

I have watched an old movie called "Roots" and it brought tears to my eyes for how those people were treated! No-one should ever be treated this way!
How much more do I,the white guy who had absolutely no partake in this have to suffer from the A-holes who did?
I have many black buds and even on this forum,and never look at them different in any way. (luv ya Big-T)
There was a movie in the early 90's called "White men cant jump". think about how thing would play out in the community if it was called: "Black men cant skate"....

Now you see how I feel.
Kramer is a F/N a hole for what he did period,and is lucky he didn't get his white azz beat!

I think all-black organizations and schools are wrong just like I think all-white things are wrong. Why? Even if the groups/schools are trying to do a good thing.... all they end up doing is separating races even more.

The only way we can end racial hatred and hatred of any kind is to stop separating people.... black from white, gay from straight, etc. The one thing that will never change, though, is rich from poor.... except on Star Trek where they don't have money anymore.

My favorite racial/class line is from Full Metal Jacket "You're all equally worthless!". Today, in civilian life, we all should be equally worthy... if we work/study hard enough.

Thanks Shawn.

So let me start of by saying that I apologize for any heartache, headache, pain, and/or frustration my thread has caused.

Ty, I think I owe you an apology. I had no idea this would get to a personal level.

There unfortunately will always be people who just will not see the pain and suffering that one word can carry when used in a hurtful manner.

I say hurtful because there are ways that term is used that can be as endearment and friendship.

I do believe that there are times and ways the term can be used with out offending anyone. I do not think that your race, creed, or color determines that. I think it is all about your intent.

Topic locked at Heavy's request.

MCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back