I am very dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, didn't watch the video and don't care to. I use to like to go to comedy clubs & yes I would have a few. I've lived in Atlanta and spent alot of time in NY & Calif. Comedians make their living poking fun at others sometimes. Something might hit close to home, but in a few minutes he'd be poking at someone else and it would be funny again. Hecklers would usually get shutdown fairly quickly if the comedian was good at his job. Over the yrs. I noticed the hecklers got to be more and more common, and a lot more rude, nasty, ugly, and usually drunk. As far as Racism, who knows. I partied pretty hard with both and was in some places I shouldn't have been. I found in Atlanta it was about 50/50. 50% of all the people I met where ignorant of the others on both sides, both Blk & Wht. I'm sure both parties share some of the blame. I think personal responsiblity for what a person does or sez is pretty much gone in this day & age, too bad. Hence, Big city, big star, lots of people ='s you get what you get. That's why I left, life was supose to be like a box of chocolates, but all I was getting was SH#T, so I said bye-bye. On a good note I just went to see Bob Marley this summer in Maine(where I live). He made fun of alot of Maine things. Things I did, and most people there did including himself. Lot of swearing but good show. It was a very small group. The way to show actors or anyone in business or politics that you don't agree with what they're saying or doing is, Don't support them! Hope not to offend ATL. - just my .02

well, somebody'd probly gunna call me a racist for saying it-

but

had I been subjected to that outburst from Richards (n let me state that up to this point I was a huge fan) at the comedy club, and seen him moving down into the crowd after his 'exchange' with the guy in the crowd-I would have made every effort to meet him at the bottom of those steps, or at least before he went backstage....so I could give him some pro-bono dental work with my right hand
guns.gif
(i've done it before for the exact same reason-and will continue to do so. that makes me a racist against bigots n ignorant scum-suckingmuth****ckers-then thats what I am; n unless you grew up where I did how, dont tell me stickin jacka**es in the face is a bad thing. works perfectly well around here.)

(BigDiesel @ Nov. 22 2006,16:24) so I could give him some pro-bono dental work with my right hand  
guns.gif
  (i've done it before for the exact same reason-and will continue to do so. that makes me a racist against bigots n ignorant scum-suckingmuth****ckers-then thats what I am; n unless you grew up where I did how, dont tell me stickin jacka**es in the face is a bad thing. works perfectly well around here.)
i don't think your a racist for it..

but if I as a white guy smack a black comedian after a rousing round of cracker jokes as he comes off stage..

who would be the one in wading in the stinky end of the pool?

black guy smacks a white dude it's justified, other way around and get ready for the fan to be mounted direclty under the toilet cuz somethings about to hit it.

I'm not a racist.. but I am smart enough to recognize it when it's being poured out.. no matter what color the stick stirring the doodoo is.

pissed.gif

diesel.. I'm all for smacking people that deserve it. Now we just need to get the rest of society to agree with us.
beerchug.gif

As said before, it was the intent behind how he used the N word. Not that I approve of the word being used by any color.
Heres a quote from someone I was chatting with behind closed doors and think would be a good example to answer your question.

Having said that, I've seen comics (white comics at that) use the N word in their stand-up routines on TV.  It's how they used it that differs from what he did.  About a month ago I saw a white woman on Comedy Central using the N word ("****** bobo" to be exact) and every other word in the book in her act and she was applauded.[/Quote]

INTENT is the word here....there is a big difference in telling a joke and intentionally insulting someone because of their race. The guy is an ******* who lost his cool period....make no excuses for the clown.

so I can stand around the water cooler telling N jokes and nobody is gonna get peeved eh... I mean just so long as it's only intended to be funny right?

Riiiiiight.

or dumb black girl jokes.. ya know.. like dumb blonde jokes.. only it's a black chic.

I wouldn't be labelled for doing that would i? hell yeah I would.. in a heartbeat... and 30 years from now if I ran for public office it would be dredged back up and used to label me again.

I understand what you guys are saying... and I'm not defending the kramer dude... he's obviously got a problem. I'm more or less just whinning about how it seems to be alright for a blackey to jump up and skewer a whitey but when the roles are reveresed it becomes an entirely different issue (like the thought that went thru your head when you read "blackey" just a few words ago)

hopefully nobody freaks about that.. I think most people around here know me well enough to know that I am obviously not a racist... just wanted to put it there close to "whitey" so you would see a good example of how our brains react to both of them.

whitey.. no problem at all..
blackey... wait.. what did he just say.

major disconnect of logic.

laugh.gif
 K.

I was like what tha #%# did you just say (Blackey)   .  
Bottlom line is that we agree the word should only be use by a racist individual.

(pure_ego @ Nov. 24 2006,02:05) so I can stand around the water cooler telling N jokes and nobody is gonna get peeved eh... I mean just so long as it's only intended to be funny right?

Riiiiiight.

or dumb black girl jokes.. ya know.. like dumb blonde jokes.. only it's a black chic.

I wouldn't be labelled for doing that would i?   hell yeah I would.. in a heartbeat... and 30 years from now if I ran for public office it would be dredged back up and used to label me again.

I understand what you guys are saying...  and I'm not defending the kramer dude... he's obviously got a problem.   I'm more or less just whinning about how it seems to be alright for a blackey to jump up and skewer a whitey but when the roles are reveresed it becomes an entirely different issue (like the thought that went thru your head when you read "blackey" just a few words ago)

hopefully nobody freaks about that.. I think most people around here know me well enough to know that I am obviously not a racist... just wanted to put it there close to "whitey" so you would see a good example of how our brains react to both of them.

whitey.. no problem at all..
blackey... wait.. what did he just say.

major disconnect of logic.
I think he was an asshat for loosing his cool and saying what he did...

But Ego....I couldn't agree more. This is so true. Major disconnect of logic.

THE MAN MEANT WHAT HE SAID BECAUSE A LOT OF TIMES YOU SAY WHAT YOU FEEL. NOW ALL HE CAN SAY IS I'M SORRY. I THINK HE'S A RACIST. IF HE FEELS THAT WAY KEEP IT TO HIS SELF. SO UNCALLED FOR
mad.gif

(Rhythm @ Nov. 24 2006,16:39) bottlom line is that we agree the word should only be use by a racist individual.
yupp...and the first people that need to stop using it are the african americans themselves...

this is just a "general" fact...not directed "at" anyone...

either get over it.....or....just get over it!

as a caucasian american...I have no problem saying the pitty party is over.... unless you were personally or "owned" "affected" in slavery...then just shudd-up.

Those that edured the hardships of slavery have had amends made to them...so stop trying to ride their coat tails.

it 's over....ya don't see my people rioting or burning down our own neighbor hoods just because some russian jerk I don't even know called some other jerk a "bohunk"!

only weak people use their ethinicity as a crutch and to justify criminal activities.
it funny how a certain group of people can rally behind a drug influenced criminal with warrants for arrest and a history of armed violence, trying to escape capture by using a vehicle to run down a police officer...then just because of his skin was black and the officer's was white...a whole community ingnored the facts and burned down their own homes and rioted.... becuase the officer used dealy force to fire through the windshield and stopped the car.

wtf !

if you want something like that word to disappear...then it needs to not be use by those that use it the MOST...even in the familiar.

beerchug.gif

(BusaCruise @ Nov. 22 2006,20:28) more importantly...who illegally snuck a video camera into the club so they could sell bootleg videos!
all_coholic.gif
laugh.gif
the club actually posted the vid on thier website, so I'm sure they let people bring in cameras.

(BusaCruise @ Nov. 24 2006,16:00)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 24 2006,16:39) bottlom line is that we agree the word should only be use by a racist individual.
yupp...and the first people that need to stop using it are the african americans themselves...

this is just a "general" fact...not directed "at" anyone...

either get over it.....or....just get over it!

as a caucasian american...I have no problem saying the pitty party is over.... unless you were personally or "owned" "affected"  in slavery...then just shudd-up.

Those that edured the hardships of slavery have had amends made to them...so stop trying to ride their coat tails.

it 's over....ya don't see my people rioting or burning down our own neighbor hoods just because some russian jerk I don't even know called some other jerk a "bohunk"!

only weak people use their ethinicity as a crutch and to justify criminal activities.
it funny how a certain group of people can rally behind a drug influenced criminal with warrants for arrest and a history of armed violence, trying to escape capture by using a vehicle to run down a police officer...then just because of his skin was black and the officer's was white...a whole community ingnored the facts and burned down their own homes and rioted.... becuase the officer used dealy force to fire through the windshield and stopped the car.

wtf !

if you want something like that word to disappear...then it needs to not be use by those that use it the MOST...even in the familiar.

beerchug.gif
Whewww, know exhale and think happy thoughts.
tounge.gif

simple
sorry but this guy is not funny
he got on stage
heckled because he's not funny
instead of heckling back
he yells out racial slurs

if it was me
I would say so much %#@ about u
u would sit down & cry!

but this guy is beyond on the way out
not to mention very insecure
u don't say stuff like that
unless your trying to make yourself feel better about being you
PATHETIC

Personally, I don't see it anymore wrong for him to say ****** than if a black said it. All I can say is so what? Let's all fall apart and go cry in a corner because someone said a word we didn't like. An individual would have to be of limited mentality to allow a word/name to upset them to such an extent. Call me what you will and I still know who I am and my worth. BTW, the word originates from the word nigra, which happens to mean black.

Thats just it, you dont see, cause you dont won't to, so lets just leave it at that. No matter how we or I try to explain it, you just dont get or dont want to understand. Just like alot of thing until it happen to you. For one example before 911 I would always hear mainly my white brothers and sisters  make the comment to black people about slavery saying just let it go and forget about it. Well when 911 came around and the shoe was on the other foot everybody (whites)wanted to remember the day and to never forget. Why? So it would never happen again. Maybe, just maybe if you take the time to re read through some of the responses you might get a glimpse of why the word is looked down on by respectable black americans.
But like always we (black americans) are bundle up in a group based on a few ignorant individual using the word ******. Have times really changed
rock.gif
?

Dont think so, well how many of my white  brotha and sistaz here in Busaland  ever heard me or any other known black use the word ****** here on this site jokingly or seriously towards anyone here, think real hard know ?  Now think how many times a racial topic comes up  someone will always say well you guys are always calling each other that N word, so why do you get mad when the shoe is on the other foot.  Personally I cant speak for them but I'm sure everyone here knows how the black people here feel about the word ****** being used, that it is unacceptable and would atleast appreciate to know that you guys respect how we feel  and not group us up with ignorant  white or blacks that use the word comfortably.  

I feel we have a pretty tight knit family here at the .Org and hate to see it fall apart because of some outside bullshid or instigators the leak through periodically trying to stir shid up.

I'm done with this thread !!!!!!!!
wink.gif

I wasn't going to comment on this but the more I read the more I decided to.

First and foremost, what the guy did was wrong, plain and simple.

That does not detract from the double standard that exists here in the US. I can put a bumper sticker on my car that says, "I am proud to be Mexican" or "I am proud to be an Indian" or "I am proud to be Black", but if I put one on my car that says "I am proud to be White" then I would be labeled a racist.

I believe everyone should let this idiot "stew in his own juices". If you got upset over what he said, get over it. He didn't say it to you. Karma is a funny thing, it always comes back around and when it does, it usually gains mass and velocity.

JMHO

Don

(g17 @ Nov. 25 2006,22:39) BTW, the word originates from the word nigra, which happens to mean black.
Yes. Also ***** (Latin) and ***** (spanish) which the second was translated into english pronounced "knee-grow".

Anyways, after this thread began I began thinking about the jokes black comics make towards whites. And the more I thought about it, the more one thing became clear. I have NEVER heard a black comic refer to a white (fe)male as "cracker". Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, even the guys/gals from Def Comedy Jam and BET's Comic View. They all say white PEOPLE or white GUYS or GIRLS. The thing about this particular incident is that Kramer decided to single out ONE individual and refer to him as the "N" word and further pushed the issue by saying his "50 years ago" bit.

Black comics do indeed make racial jokes. But there is a difference between raCIAL and raCIST. As I said before, if a black comic singled out a Jew, slandered him/her, and then used the "50 years ago" line Kramer used but substituted the hanging with the gas chamber ... or did the same thing to a white person and used 9/11 as a substitute ... one would have to be a fool to think (s)he wouldn't have to answer for that.

(Cuffee @ Nov. 22 2006,04:23)
(brendanp @ Nov. 22 2006,03:11) I dont care what any name someone calls me,it doesn't bother me. You can call me white trash M/F or anything...dont bother me. I dont understand why this word gets the best of any black person. It's just a word.
I have heared black people call each other the 'N' word,and I have seen white people call each other the 'N' word.

Please dont take what I'm saying wrong,but I just dont understand it.
And no,I dont condone what this idiot did on stage,he should be much more professional....this is why we have ushers...
Think of all the history behind the word...Think about how many Black people were lynched and White people looking up saying "look at the n****** hanging from the tree". Or think about how Black people got their ears cut off and kept as trophies. Do you think that the person called them "Black person ears"? No. They called them "N**** ears". This is a terrible word.

So you cannot compare apples and oranges. It amazes me how people forget the past or want to forget the past. It is instances like Richards' remarks that remind of us the past and should make us realize that we still has a long way to go.

Regarding Black people saying the n-word. I don't agree with that either. All Black people do not use the n-word, just the ignorant ones who don't know any better (which are few in number).
you need to get out more the "n" word as you all call it is spoken more by blacks today than you realize. they have no problem calling each other "N" but let a white person say it and its on.

the other thing is........ i cant understand why the "majority" of todays blacks get offended by the "N" word. 2/3 of them have no idea why they should be offended by it and the other 1/3 doesnt care as long as the "white man" doesnt say it. They have only been told that its a racist remark and if a white person calls them the "N" word they should take offense to it.

get out your flame throwers
AAAssjani.gif

dowm here we are still hearing about the "slave days" and how bad they had it. i wasnt even alive when slavery was going on and neither were the blacks that are pissed off and using it as a crutch for their own personal gain. if you ask me blacks have made a bad habit of exploiting slavery in an attempt to personally gain from it. blacks have more access to education than i ever will. Here in Louisiana its still the same tired old excuses. they are still using their race against everyone as an excuse as to why they are not advancing.

furthermore, richards is a dumba$$ for saying that to them he is unprofessional.

(NightCrawler @ Nov. 26 2006,00:51) ... the more I thought about it, the more one thing became clear. I have NEVER heard a black comic refer to a white (fe)male as "cracker". Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, even the guys/gals from Def Comedy Jam and BET's Comic View. They all say white PEOPLE or white GUYS or GIRLS. The thing about this particular incident is that Kramer decided to single out ONE individual and refer to him as the "N" word and further pushed the issue by saying his "50 years ago" bit.
hahah....you had better dig out the casset tapes ....Richard Prior INVENTED the word "CRACKER!"

as for 9/11 ....it over...forget about it.
we got caught with our pants down and then failed to take the appropriate actions to retaliate.

that's out fault......move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back