I am tired of my friends calling me a "Biker". The word has been ruined.

Samaki

Registered
I don't know about you but I don't like it when my non-motorcycling friends refer to me as a "biker". In my mind the word has been runined due to the stereotype that persists in our culture today. My car has two wheels and I ride almost every day ATGATT and have no buttless chaps, leather vests with patches or wife beater shirts. I tell them I am a "motorcyclist", not a biker. :banghead:

I am embarassed when I hear the word. Is it just me or what?

i look at it like i'm a true biker and those you are referring to are just posers :beerchug:

So many terms...

Biker to me says harley dude.
Squid...dumb kid who cant ride the over powered bike he has chosen and does so without gear."Wife Beater"... mandatory.
Motorcyclist...those weird BMW guys.
Crotch rocket guys...all those guys on Gixxer's and Ninja's who seem more concerned with appearances than riding abilty.
1% er's...those guys that just refuse to grow up.Serious hard-core killers,drug dealers and extortionists.(most have jobs now and answer to the man like the rest of us).:laugh: very few TRUE 1% er's left.
Newbie...self explanantory.
RUB... rich urban biker. :laugh: See also: Poser.
Iron Butt...guys who put down some serious miliage. I think its a genetic thing. No nerve endings or pain receptors present in gluteus maximus.
Clubber...more interest in looking good/getting drunk/gettin' laid....not bad work if you can get it.
Poser...sweet azz ride...no real riding skills...uses sand paper to remove chicken strips and to scuff up knee pucks.
Bambi or Mid-Life'r...never rode before.Gets sudden urge at age 45. Drops bike first day.Posts for sale ad the following day.
Organ donors...see "Squid".

And what every motorcycle guy wants:

A Pillion,a Seat-Warmer,a Back-Warmer,a Seat Cover,etc....some hot chick in LuLu lemons,flips flops,white tube top with her pink thong poking out.

Tons more...yer Belly Shovers,Gearheads,Geritol boys.

I call myself a rider.Used to be a biker.

RSD.

biker= more then just riding them. all of you are in a forum about a bike. you are going beyond riding them. you live them

don't sweat it! it's a generic term for people that know very little about motorcycle culture. at least they acknowledge that fact that you ride and don't pose. :thumbsup:

I hate the term "crotch rocket" more than I hate the term biker.

So many terms...

Biker to me says harley dude.
Squid...dumb kid who cant ride the over powered bike he has chosen and does so without gear."Wife Beater"... mandatory.
Motorcyclist...those weird BMW guys.
Crotch rocket guys...all those guys on Gixxer's and Ninja's who seem more concerned with appearances than riding abilty.
1% er's...those guys that just refuse to grow up.Serious hard-core killers,drug dealers and extortionists.(most have jobs now and answer to the man like the rest of us).:laugh: very few TRUE 1% er's left.
Newbie...self explanantory.
RUB... rich urban biker. :laugh: See also: Poser.
Iron Butt...guys who put down some serious miliage. I think its a genetic thing. No nerve endings or pain receptors present in gluteus maximus.
Clubber...more interest in looking good/getting drunk/gettin' laid....not bad work if you can get it.
Poser...sweet azz ride...no real riding skills...uses sand paper to remove chicken strips and to scuff up knee pucks.
Bambi or Mid-Life'r...never rode before.Gets sudden urge at age 45. Drops bike first day.Posts for sale ad the following day.
Organ donors...see "Squid".

And what every motorcycle guy wants:

A Pillion,a Seat-Warmer,a Back-Warmer,a Seat Cover,etc....some hot chick in LuLu lemons,flips flops,white tube top with her pink thong poking out.

Tons more...yer Belly Shovers,Gearheads,Geritol boys.

I call myself a rider.Used to be a biker.

RSD.

rubbersidedown you have put it all in perspective. I feel a little bit better already. "Rider" is a good descriptor and one that I think I will use from now on.

This whole thing was brought to a head this morning on my commute to work when I encountered someone whom I will kindly refer to as "psycho ape-hangar Harley moron" who not only endangered my life on several occasions but also gnarled up traffic with his "wife-beater" antics. I got the final word in by blitzing past his wheezing noise machine once we hit the interstate, leaving him thinking he must be standing still.

We several people who ride bikes at work. My boss refers to me as the only "real biker". His reasoning for this is I ride. Rain, hot, windy, cold. I ride.

The others they ride a.....different kind of motorcycle than I/we do. They evidently worry about weather hurting said bikes.

By the way, I consider myself a rider. Not sure how to address rubb since I have a Busa and a Beemer.

By the way, I consider myself a rider. Not sure how to address rubb since I have a Busa and a Beemer.

Folks can ride whatever they want 2-tone. Makes no diff to me. Who am I to judge...look at all the dough I had tied up in those harleys.:banghead:

I have had some odd things for the street and the dirt.

Most people have never heard of GasGas...???
But they are probably one of the best TRIALS bikes.I had the 280 Raga.

I used to bomb to/from work on an AMF H-D SS 250 2 stroke.
AMF...what junk.American Machine and Foundry The SS was made by Aermacchi in Spain aswell I think.

I must have owned atleast a hundred bikes over the years. :idea: New thread idea....:super:

RSD.

gas-gas-txt-300-raga-02.jpg

amf-harley-davidson-sx-250_bdb6b.jpg

Back