I am throwing my 2ct in the ring for all to hear.

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I just want to say how I feel and share a little with this family I call the Org. We are more than family because we CHOOSE to be here and interact with each other.

When I took a small sabbatical from this site, I went to other sites and even joined a local forum to keep myself abreast of rides in my area.

This proved to be an eye-opener as to the internet, the complex duality of people and of the face they choose to show to this cyber world.

I found many (AND I MEAN MANY) people to be downright filthy in one place and nice as an angel on others.

I recently quit my local forum because I just did not fit in to the under moderated format, the dirty pictures and cursing that was rampant in almost every thread.

What I require in a forum is this:

A place that I can go to for information, common interest, laughter and even discussions that may seem heated, but are not just moot, thought provoking too.

A place that I can turn to and guarantee to find something to make me smile, laugh or even humble me when I need it.

A place that I know will not turn its back on me if I need help in my personal life, and will always be there for me if I just simply ask.

And most importantly;

A place that if my entire family (young and old) were standing behind me, I would never feel embarrassed, or have to explain away someone’s lack of discretion. I often tell people to talk to your wife as if her mother was standing next to you.

This is exactly what I have to do in order to be on this wonderful site.

My computer is in a common room that at any time someone, (wife, daughters, future son in law, and even grandkids) will walk in and either stand behind me waiting for the computer or just be there in general.

One last point about the things we say and do here, if you are not honest on a site and you meet another member in public, who would you be?, the internet person, or the real you? I choose the real me, like Del Griffith, what you see, is what you get.

This is what I love about the Org. It is all of the above and more.

Thanks for the ear,
Bubba

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic to preclude a useless thread!

IMG_8797psd2.jpg

Bubba, the first time I met and rode with you and all the So Cal hoons( especially you Scar), you guys acted just like the way you came across in your posts. I was just blown away with the amount of friendship and the time all of you guys took to make sure I had a great time. :beerchug::thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Bubba, the first time I met and rode with you and all the So Cal hoons( especially you Scar), you guys acted just like the way you came across in your posts. I was just blown away with the amount of friendship and the time all of you guys took to make sure I had a great time. :beerchug::thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Hi Jason,
Yes, that was a great weekend of twistie riding and getting to know one another. Hope all is well with you.:beerchug:
Bubba

Well said BUBBA I to have the family wonder in and wait to use the computer and they also enjoy reading the posts from the other side of the world and often say " hey they are just like us down here the world really is a small place":beerchug::thumbsup:

You suck Bubba, I'm sick of you being such a nice guy.
Doyle

Back