I am still here folks!!!

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
Have not been posting much. I took a job promotion in my company that has taken me to SoCal and have been real busy as a result. The Busa is loving being here and has already visisted a few of the canyon roads and taken a stroll on Mulholland drive! Been up and down the PCH as well. So you SoCal Busa owners step forward and introduce yourselves! Looking for some riding buddies!

you have a few good men over in Cali.
beerchug.gif

Welcome to socal! When moving to a new area of the country one must adopt the local teams. GO CHARGERS! GO LAKERS and CLIPPERS! GO USC! If you really want to put the Southern in SOCAL, GO PADRES!
Where do u live? Lamb loves to ride and would love to get together some sunday. Welcome to southern california, ENJOY!

I am actually in Rancho Cucamonga! Would love to go for a ride! One of my neighbors wanted to go for a ride with me one day so I asked him to show me some neat roads. He showed me the local Interstate system at triple digit speeds. When we were done, I learned that he had only been riding for about a year and had already dropped the bike a few times including a couple of wrecks. I'll be avoiding him from now on....LOL

Let me know Lamb.

And I thought my Colts would be traveling west prior to their Super Bowl appearance but the Pats spoiled that.

Check out geographical riding areas here and motorcycleroads.com for twisties. Have fun.
beerchug.gif

(Shanling @ Jan. 27 2007,17:00) I am actually in Rancho Cucamonga! Would love to go for a ride! One of my neighbors wanted to go for a ride with me one day so I asked him to show me some neat roads. He showed me the local Interstate system at triple digit speeds. When we were done, I learned that he had only been riding for about a year and had already dropped the bike a few times including a couple of wrecks. I'll be avoiding him from now on....LOL

Let me know Lamb.

And I thought my Colts would be traveling west prior to their Super Bowl appearance but the Pats spoiled that.
RC is a nice town. Growing fast in that area.

Make sure you take the opportunity to go out to the 7-level. That's a smokin' hot ride!

From where you're at, take the 10 east toward Banning. Take the exit for hwy 243 south toward Idylwild. THAT is a great road, too. Be careful!

Stay on it until you get to Highway 74. Got south/east. Stay on that until you get to Hwy 371 but stay on 74 going east.

A while later, you'll be dropping in to Palm Desert. But as you go, you'll hit one of the better roads in So. CA.

Best of all, get Charlesbusa, Lambusa, and some others from the board to take you out there! You'll have the time of your life!

--Wag--

Wish I could find the photo of this road. It'd make you drool!

--Wag--

7_level.jpg

Welcome to SoCal!

When the weather gets a bity warmer, the roads around Big Bear + Lake Arrowhead are super fun! Wag mentioned 7 levels and the 243...

There's Palomar, the SM Mountains, the Angeles Forest, the 33...

PS: stay off the interstates and hit the canyons! There's practically 100's of miles of twisties at your doorstep!

(shortBoarder @ Jan. 27 2007,18:32) There's practically 100's of miles of twisties at your doorstep!
Exactly!

super.gif

--Wag--

(Shanling @ Jan. 27 2007,18:00) I am actually in Rancho Cucamonga! Would love to go for a ride! One of my neighbors wanted to go for a ride with me one day so I asked him to show me some neat roads. He showed me the local Interstate system at triple digit speeds. When we were done, I learned that he had only been riding for about a year and had already dropped the bike a few times including a couple of wrecks. I'll be avoiding him from now on....LOL

Let me know Lamb.

LOL I went to high school in Ranco Cucuamonga! I lived in the Haven/Baseline area but that was over 15 years ago. There wasnt much out south of Haven in then those days but i was there a few years ago passing through, WOW how its spread out there. Good luck with the new job! I'm still trying to get stationed up at Edwards AFB so maybe one day you can show me around once i move!!
beerchug.gif

Hey,

If you are anywhere near San Diego, check out Trattoria Firenze bike night. A neat group of guys and girls that do canyon runs every Sunday. They also have a myspace group called Experienced Riders. There are 4 or 5 guys that consistently show up that ride Busa's. There is also a big group that hangs out on Market Street that includes most of the SoCal bike clubs such as Black Sabbath / New Breed, Hawg Ryders, Twisted Rydas, C2C, and others. Spent all summer last year hanging out with these people and if you like the movie Biker Boyz...you will deffinately like socializing with this group.

welcome to so.cal. im located in the long beach area , hopefully the weather will warm up shortly and we can get back to normal RIDE EVERYDAY!!! just check the board for so.cal rides ones coming up in april aot of ppl will meet up in LAS VEGAS

(Wag @ Jan. 27 2007,20:02)
(Shanling @ Jan. 27 2007,17:00) I am actually in Rancho Cucamonga! Would love to go for a ride! One of my neighbors wanted to go for a ride with me one day so I asked him to show me some neat roads. He showed me the local Interstate system at triple digit speeds. When we were done, I learned that he had only been riding for about a year and had already dropped the bike a few times including a couple of wrecks. I'll be avoiding him from now on....LOL

Let me know Lamb.

RC is a nice town.  Growing fast in that area.

Make sure you take the opportunity to go out to the 7-level.  That's a smokin' hot ride!  

From where you're at, take the 10 east toward Banning.  Take the exit for hwy 243 south toward Idylwild.  THAT is a great road, too.  Be careful!

Stay on it until you get to Highway 74.  Got south/east.  Stay on that until you get to Hwy 371 but stay on 74 going east.  

A while later, you'll be dropping in to Palm Desert.  But as you go, you'll hit one of the better roads in So. CA.

Best of all, get Charlesbusa, Lambusa, and some others from the board to take you out there!  You'll have the time of your life!

--Wag--

Wish I could find the photo of this road.  It'd make you drool!

--Wag--
I did Wag's suggested ride today! WOW! What an awesome ride! When I got up to 6000 there was snow and had to slow alot due to the stuff they put down on the roads. Even had some nice cagers pull into the turn outs for me. Thank you Wag for giving me that route! It was great! I saw another Busa coming the opposite direction when I first got started on 243. Looked to be a black one. Was that anyone on here? Went all the way to Palm Desert and then came back. Had a Harley trying to keep up with me out of Palm Desert so I did the limit until the twisties started and then he faded fast in the mirrors. Great ride is all I can say!

super.gif
super.gif
Great ride. Lots of color in the spring and tons of butterflys. Makes a mess of your bike and leathers
wink.gif

super.gif

Back