I am so jealous!!!!!!

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Good Morning All,
I have been in San Diego, CA since Sunday. The weather is great! Great riding weather. I notice the bikers zipping thru traffic. Literally, I mean they actually drive in the center of the two lanes! Why can't Virginia allow bikers to ride in the center lane when traffic is at a crawl or stopped? I am so jealous!

How much traffic does Virgina have?
biggrin.gif

Between Norther Va and DC heading both directions it can really suck depending on your time of day.

I travel up to Tysons corner 2 a week and it is not a fun ride.

Between Norther Va and DC heading both directions it can really suck depending on your time of day.

I travel up to Tysons corner 2 a week and it is not a fun ride.
Makes me glad I live out in the country........ I have a 15 mi ride to work on nothing but back roads. The deer are a problem tho.
mad.gif

Virginia would never adopt the lane sharing law in a thousand years...........even if the rest of the planet it was required.

So that's the name...."Lane Sharing Law"....Why wouldn't VA adapt a law like this? I guess I am kinda of telling on myself...However, on the GW Parkway or on 395 in DC, I always ride the center lane IF traffic is stopped or at a slow crawl. My main reason is that my bike gets really hot underneath me. Sometimes it feels like a fire under my but.
tounge.gif

So that's the name...."Lane Sharing Law"....Why wouldn't VA adapt a law like this? I guess I am kinda of telling on myself...However, on the GW Parkway or on 395 in DC, I always ride the center lane IF traffic is stopped or at a slow crawl. My main reason is that my bike gets really hot underneath me. Sometimes it feels like a fire under my but.
tounge.gif
We call it lane splitting....sometimes you have to "split lanes" to get anywhere
wink.gif

I'm not putting down anyone's riding style but even if it were legal I still wouldn't do it.  We already put enough trust that cagers wont do something stupid but to split lanes...I can't see myself doing it.

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156958748 -->

I'm not putting down anyone's riding style but even if it were legal I still wouldn't do it.  We already put enough trust that cagers wont do something stupid but to split lanes...I can't see myself doing it.
It can be VERY dangerous if you're not on your toes...some people seem to think
that if they are stuck in traffic, you should be too
mad.gif

I've seen some drivers cut bikes off, throw stuff out of the window, even open doors
wow.gif

lane splitting is not legal in california, it is just given a blind eye in heavy traffic situations.
It is legal
wink.gif
but it is a judgement call by the popo...it is suppose to be in heavy traffic
situations and they don't want you to be going more than 10 MPH faster than the cars or to exceed the posted speed limit.

I have followed and been followed by M/C officers in TRAFFIC with no problems
biggrin.gif

You'd be doing it in about a week of living here in Cali - believe me. Having grown up on the "right" coast I know ya think ya wouldn't. I save hours a day strippen lanes.

It can be VERY dangerous if you're not on your toes...some people seem to think
that if they are stuck in traffic, you should be too
mad.gif

I've seen some drivers cut bikes off, throw stuff out of the window, even open doors
wow.gif
<span style='color:orangered'>Yep and laugh @ us when we are in the rain!!!</span>
rock.gif

Back