I am never riding sober or wearing a helmet again

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I have done my research and read all of the facts. NOBODY is going to change my mind. THE FACTS DO NOT LIE.

for those that need to see my facts and where I got them from, you can click the link at the bottom. Yes I can follow the un-written rules and post up a link to my facts. READ THEM AND WEEP. Numbers and facts do not lie.

I am selling my car and my Harley and will only ride my 1001+cc supersport alone from now on.
The facts state that I am 6 times more likely to die in a passenger vehicle than on a motorcycle.
My chances of dying while riding with a license are 74% vs no license so I am also giving up my license.
If I ride in a group there is a 54% chance I will die vs 46% by myself.
If I wear a helmet good chance 58% I will be killed vs only 39% without a helmet.
48% of the riders killed were on bikes 1000cc or less and 26% bigger than 1400cc. I am staying with my Busa it is safe and the facts show it.
96% of the supersport riders killed were on bikes 1000cc or less. So much for the saying that a Busa is a bad first bike. YOU ARE NOW PROVED WRONG.
Oh and another fact for not wearing a helmet. Helmeted supersport riders accounted for 72% of the deaths. SO NO HELMET for me. I do not want to die.
I also will not ride on Saturdays or Sundays. 42% of the deaths happened on those days.

Now for the important part. The NO SOBER riding facts. The facts show that if I have a B.A.C. >= .15 then my chances of dying are only 29% vs 71% under OTHER conditions of sobriety. So much for riding sober, that will kill you. Facts say so.

Fatality Facts 2008: Motorcycles

Now in reality, what this amounts to, is the FACT that numbers DO LIE and facts can be twisted any way you want to push your agenda. So before you start running with everything you hear or read, make sure you investigate a little deeper and make sure that you have the WHOLE truth and set of facts and not just what someone wants you to know.
Ignorance should be a crime.

Last edited:
Now there is an "un-biased" "non-opinionated" set of facts and writtings.... :rofl:

Well you know 86% of the people that use statistics get it wrong! I agree check your facts:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

I have done my research and read all of the facts. NOBODY is going to change my mind. THE FACTS DO NOT LIE.

for those that need to see my facts and where I got them from, you can click the link at the bottom. Yes I can follow the un-written rules and post up a link to my facts. READ THEM AND WEEP. Numbers and facts do not lie.

I am selling my car and my Harley and will only ride my 1001+cc supersport alone from now on.
The facts state that I am 6 times more likely to die in a passenger vehicle than on a motorcycle.
My chances of dying while riding with a license are 74% vs no license so I am also giving up my license.
If I ride in a group there is a 54% chance I will die vs 46% by myself.
If I wear a helmet good chance 58% I will be killed vs only 39% without a helmet.
48% of the riders killed were on bikes 1000cc or less and 26% bigger than 1400cc. I am staying with my Busa it is safe and the facts show it.
96% of the supersport riders killed were on bikes 1000cc or less. So much for the saying that a Busa is a bad first bike. YOU ARE NOW PROVED WRONG.
Oh and another fact for not wearing a helmet. Helmeted supersport riders accounted for 72% of the deaths. SO NO HELMET for me. I do not want to die.
I also will not ride on Saturdays or Sundays. 42% of the deaths happened on those days.

Now for the important part. The NO SOBER riding facts. The facts show that if I have a B.A.C. >= .15 then my chances of dying are only 29% vs 71% under OTHER conditions of sobriety. So much for riding sober, that will kill you. Facts say so.

Fatality Facts 2008: Motorcycles

Now in reality, what this amounts to, is the FACT that numbers DO LIE and facts can be twisted any way you want to push your agenda. So before you start running with everything you hear or read, make sure you investigate a little deeper and make sure that you have the WHOLE truth and set of facts and not just what someone wants you to know.
Ignorance should be a crime.

Nice find. Based on what I read your safest bet is to have a sex change.

Nice find. Based on what I read your safest bet is to have a sex change.
Thanks. I was not going to mention that.:moon: But I know you are just looking out for me and want to help keep me safe.:laugh:

Thanks. I was not going to mention that.:moon: But I know you are just looking out for me and want to help keep me safe.:laugh:

Always bro.

But let's be honest neither you nor I would make very good looking women.

Last edited:
I wear gear cause I am a poser not for protection why do you think I bought a Kanji logged jacket an am trying to get the matching helmet:laugh:

are you trying to get us all killed?!!
83% of statistics are made up the spot...

im with ya...

sellin all my gear

buyin nos and turbo
and a lot of beer
:rulez:

I think they're saying 58% that die in motorcycle accidents were wearing helmets and 39% weren't and I'm guessing the other 3% were wearing pony tails or brushes on their heads or maybe it was such a mess on scene they couldn't tell or the incident reports were incomplete :dunno:

I wonder what percent of riders wear helmets :dunno:

Op-Ed : I mean if 90% of riders wear and 10% don't then the 60/40 looks different. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back