I am miserable.....

tbonebusa

Donating Member
Registered
So as you know, I sold the Vette, the MB convertible, and the Busa. I miss 'em all, but not having a bike in the garage really blows. Even though I never got to ride the damn thing, just knowing it was out there, waiting for a spin around the block, or a quick wash and wax, or a minor mod project...brought me comfort. I need another bike. It will be a busa...I will hold out to see if the 06's change, but even if they don't...I gotta get one.

Forgive me the error of my ways.....I will rejoin the owner's group shortly.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Life's lessons are unfortunately learned the hard way sometimes. At least it sounds like your priorities are returning to normal.
tounge.gif

Life's lessons are unfortunately learned the hard way sometimes.  At least it sounds like your priorities are returning to normal.  
tounge.gif

+1

many of my friends sometime say "how can you let that 10,000 dollar investment sit in the garage for months at a time?" I tell them because it can. I bought it to enjoy at my convienence, not for personal transportation on a daily basis.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126739502 -->

you are forgiven, young master...

Now quickly....re-arm yourself with the light sabre that is the Busa...and we will proceed to slay the heathen 12R's.

Hang in there tbone
wink.gif

You'll get another one when the time is right.
cool.gif

I actually considered going bikeless until the end of winter or spring if the 636 sells... but thought to myself, "What the heck are you thinking?" Like you, I don't ride as often as a lot of folks, but I enjoy tinkering with my bike, cleaning it, polishing it, modding it, etc... almost as much as I do riding it. Not having one in the garage to mess with all winter would drive me friggin' nuts!
drooling3.gif

An updated '06 busa would get my attention and I'd check it out if it happened before I sell the 6 and find a replacement, but as it stands I'm now sort of leaning toward the Gixxer based on feedback I've gotten and it's looks and styling, as well as some of the stuff I've read in reviews compairing it to the 10R. There's still one HUGE issue with the Gixxer. It's still an unknown to me, and somewhat of a gamble. I know the power would be extreme overkill for me just like with the 10R and busa. It's just that every bike "rides" different. Not talkin' about handling, I'm talking about feel and "ride". If I knew I'd like the "ride" of the Gixx as much as I did the 10's ride I think I'd swing toward the Gixx at this point. If only I could swing a test ride on one...

Sorry for the thread jacking... Just thinkin' out loud I guess...

"So as you know, I sold the Vette, the MB convertible, and the Busa."

Afraid to ask why, but time to re-arm!
cool.gif

So as you know, I sold the Vette, the MB convertible, and the Busa. I miss 'em all, but not having a bike in the garage really blows. Even though I never got to ride the damn thing, just knowing it was out there, waiting for a spin around the block, or a quick wash and wax, or a minor mod project...brought me comfort. I need another bike. It will be a busa...I will hold out to see if the 06's change, but even if they don't...I gotta get one.

Forgive me the error of my ways.....I will rejoin the owner's group shortly.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
...Way to go mate!!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

tbonebusa - ok, you've got me curious.  Why did you feel a need to simplify?  I have to admit, I get the urge to do the same thing sometimes, although I haven't worked up the courage yet!
laugh.gif
  Not so much because of financial reasons, but because it seems the more toys and their follow-on activities you have, the less time ya have to enjoy each of them.  I seem to be reaching a point of no return!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I was at the dealer yesterday and they have been told the 2006 will not change at all. No matter, a busa is a busa.

Tbone, would you like me to ride it back down to Sac?
smile.gif
ugh.....I miss that big 'ole pumpkin....I missed my silver/Blue 01 just as bad...bought the 03 a week later....I'm sensing a trend here!!!

How is she doing for you, Bro??? Still working on chasing down those light bulbs, as you seen the thread here.

Take care,

Tim

tbonebusa - ok, you've got me curious.  Why did you feel a need to simplify?  I have to admit, I get the urge to do the same thing sometimes, although I haven't worked up the courage yet!
laugh.gif
  Not so much because of financial reasons, but because it seems the more toys and their follow-on activities you have, the less time ya have to enjoy each of them.  I seem to be reaching a point of no return!  
laugh.gif
It seemed to me I had reached a point in my career where I had no joy in the work anymore. When that happens, the 60 to 70 hour weeks no longer justify the reward. I was still able to get away enough to coach Little League and some other stuff....but had reached the point that all the income and garage full of toys just didn't seem worth it to me anymore.
My wife bought me my "dream car", and i never even had time to enjoy it.
Same with the bike...owned the 03 for about 17 months, and it sold with a whopping 475 miles on the clock. What I didn't realize, though, was how much I miss having a "project" in the garage to tinker with. Even though I got very little seat time, I still enjoyed the bike by messing with it..exhaust changes, bar risers, undertail kit, etc...plus it gives me something to focus on..I can go buy the bike mags, surf around this site, wander around the dealerships, etc.
So...I quit my job...and this has been easily the best week I've spent with my family in 5 years. I'll go back to work..probably back to a GM position, but I will not allow it to consume me like it did before. I can do a good job for my employer and still have a life that I enjoy...or else I'll just find a new career.
Maybe "simplifying" was the wrong term...I think now that I have "re-focused" my priorities...and it feels real good.

laugh.gif

tbonebusa - Yep, I know what you're saying. Did 60 hour weeks (and 3 hour commutes) for close to 5 years to work up a healthy down payment for my first house, and all the "stuff" required to keep a household operating (plus of course some toys). But after awhile the money, and what it could buy, didn't seem to matter that much because I was too damn burnt out to do anything with my few hours I had off. Some nights I'd just come home and crash, then start over the next day. I was living a Zombee's life for awhile there. After awhile I managed to get out of the same ol' grind and into something that paid a decent salary at 40 hours a week. It made a big difference in life overall. You made a wise move.
wink.gif

And there's a lot to be said for just put'zin around in the garage with a Busa. I enjoy that almost as much as riding it. Then the bug bites hard, and I gotta roll!
biggrin.gif
Hopefully you'll have yours soon!

Back