I am gonna change the oil AND FILTER on my 07 Busa. What else should I do?

07BUSA420

Registered
I bought my bike from the original owner with just under 10Kmi on it. He always took it to the dealer to be serviced. If I am correct the dealer calls for filter change every fourth oil change, so this very well might be the OG filter (WTF!? gona change my oil way to often, and my filter every other time from now on). So while I have the plastic off (to get at the filter) what else should I check or service while I am in there?
I plan to go with a full synthetic oil, with a splash of Lucase Oil stabilizer in there, but what oil? Armisol, Royal Purple, Moble One????
Thanks, Steve

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

I would go with mobil 1 and change my oil filter everytime. Check air cleaner all nuts and bolts for tightening. Adjust chain and lube and air pressure in tires. Im mean ck nuts and bolts front to back. Forks triple clamps everyting.

20131130_124223.jpg

I change my filter everytime as well. The factory calls for it every other oil change. Don't put anything in it that shouldn't be there. You could have clutch issues if you don't follow the manuals specs for engine oil. If it runs good and the brake pads are fine , the grip it and rip it.

I change the filter EVERY time I change my oil. Its not like a few dollars every 5k miles or so is gonna break the bank :whistle:

Any quality moto specific oil is fine. New filter every oil change=cheap insurance:rulez:

Check plugs
Check coolant
Check all brake fluids
Check clutch fluid
Change any that seem iffy.

Check all hoses and change as needed.
Check all brake and clutch lines. Change if needed or if still oem.
Check throttle cables and adjust as needed.

Do a search on this site for the free Gen 1 manual download and download it. Use it!!

Back