I almost blew Gatorade out my nose.

OB_Kirk

Registered
I was out today for a ride, and my group left ahead of me while I was waiting to pay for my Gatorade. When they pulled up to the exit of the parking lot, I saw one of them play the Las Vegas Extremes sidestand trick on another motorcyclist just as I took a sip. It was the only recreation of a Las Vegas Extremes trick that I saw today that I thought was funny.

You pull up to the left of another cyclist stopped at a light, with your bike in neutral and your sidestand down, about arms length away. He can't see your sidestand because you are on his left. He assumes that since you are holding the clutch, that your bike is in gear. Reach over and push him on his left shoulder with your right hand, but not real hard. He will instinctually put his right foot down if it isn't already. Push him again, a little harder, and try to get him to push you back. When he does, fake losing your balance and fall off your bike on the left side. As he sees you fall and your bike tip, he will freak, thinking that he has caused your bike to go over, until he realizes that it's not going all the way because of the sidestand. The only risk is that he may actually drop his bike trying to catch yours. Done correctly, it is really funny. This was totally unexpected, and it was the first time I have ever seen it done in public.

OK, stand corrected, thought it was "only" putting sidestand down on the other bike, causing it to stall immediately ... this version of sidestand-trick is quite different!

Don't know if I would try it on the Busa, Bloody stand might just fold back and joke would be real then!!!
But, still quite humerous anyway!!

Animal, I've learnt not to do the side stand kill switch gag. Basically at a set of lights I extended my mates side stand only to find that he had removed the kill switch, as I was about to kick it back up the lights changed and he was gone.....I was frantically pressing the horn button and flashing the lights trying to get his attention.....but the next thing I was doing was dragging his bike out from a ditch. He was fine, although very very angry....cost me lots of money. :)

Pooh,
Can imagine ... and wasn't trying to give anyone ideas like this at all ... just remembered that one from one of your Brit mags a while ago ... wouldn't think about doing anything like that myself, and not just because I always remove sidestand switch from my bikes, but because I'm a very responsible person (may be viewed upon as boring by others, couldn't care less)!

Back