I added leather....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We made some leather coasters, they are about as tough as anything that you have ever seen... they look pretty darn good... Go here to order Leather 4" Coasters - King Keepsakes

Leather 4 inch coasters 001.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 004.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 010.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 011.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 001.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 004.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 010.jpg

Leather 4 inch coasters 011.jpg

Sold! I'm your biggest fan. :laugh:

Theses are going home with me for the house. The acrylic are at the office.

Cap, you may want to check your logo from King, I don't think it's stored as a secure image (i.e. https) My browser seems to keep blocking them as unsecure content.

Well they lasted almost 5 minutes.. :) What a great problem to have..

They look nice...perhaps some leather keychains one day too? Just tossing out ideas...

:thumbsup:

Would you want the shape of a kanji or a kanji engraved in a rectangle or square piece of leather?

there is no doubt that a solid piece that has been lazed would be longer lasting... the leather is pretty tough but over time the shape of a kanji would weaken and ultimately break off... I have been making some key rings for another customer... super simple but ultimately the most durable design ever... Using the same material as the coasters I would just do one side.. I will make one and post it up in a few minutes...

CAp

Awesome Cap, Check your PMs and a email from BP454:thumbsup:

the problem is that to do a tru kanji "trace" you have 3 seperate pieces to the artwork, the dot at the top, the top and the t at the bottom, I can make the basic shape but it would not be accurate...

I wish I had a pic of the keychain I have...but it's at home right now. It looks very similar to this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=270525011381

It's a single piece, just cut out closely. Does your machine to the cutting, or do you have to use another method? I figured it it was CNC, it wouldn't be too difficult, but if you had to cut them out with a die, that wouldn't be fun.

Back