Hyperpro RSC steering damper

Yea that looks pretty sweet. Im curious as well if you took the stock one off, also what made you go with that damper as opposed to the scott ohlins or the gpr's? What did that one cost you?

All I see is a red x ???

I really like the RSC damper. Very adjustable and the "reactive" design works great. :beerchug:

nice i didnt have the money to put down so i went with draining my stock and putting thicker oil works fine

what kind of oil do you use for changin stock damper's oil? regular motot oil, brake fluid, what?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea that looks pretty sweet. Im curious as well if you took the stock one off, also what made you go with that damper as opposed to the scott ohlins or the gpr's? What did that one cost you?

I've almost ever used Hyperpro stuff on my bikes...I like the hyperprogressive suspensions...On my Zx12r I'have Hyperpro steering damper, front springs and the monoshock...I've tried also Ohlins but ,over the Italian asphalts/roads, riding Ohlins means riding slower and with the **** in your undies...because the bike jumps away from any asphalt imperfection...
More...most Ohlins product are cast(the old PRXL shock for example) ...Hyperpro builds only forged items.
I 've never tried GPR...I like the look...BUt, like I've said, if i mount PROGRESSIVE springs and PROGRESSIVE shock...it's a logical consequence to mount a PROGRESSIVE steering damper...

I found them at IndySuperBike for $420... curious how the linear dampers stack up against the rotary(?) style units.. either way, is a nice add-on

way back when there were some test done. It was very difficult to compare the results (apples to apples). The article did indicate how adjustable different dampers were. Some had a wider range of adjustment than others. In the end I would just say that as long as whatever damper you use prevents a tank slapper it's a good one. The only problem is that if everything works right you'll never know that a tank slapper was avoided. :laugh:
I found them at IndySuperBike for $420... curious how the linear dampers stack up against the rotary(?) style units.. either way, is a nice add-on

Back