Hybrid 2000 busa with 2007 motor having issues

cyborgbusa

Registered
i bought this 2000 busa almost a year ago .the bike was set up for racing and street use. Well shortly after then engine spun a bearing so i purchased a 2007 engine with 4000 miles. i swaped the engines and returned all the racing gear back on the bike except for the nos system which i did install back on the bike but left the bottle off. it has a four tube spray Bar system in the airbox .now i realized during the engine swap the airbox did not have an air filter so i installed one in it. the bike ran absolutey great. i did notice a few airbox mods (like the flapper was removed).once realizing the engine was running great i decided to put the bottle back on and take it for a spin. and yes i left the airfilter installed. well i proceded to hit the nitous and it took off likr a rocket but it back fired pretty hard and blew the airfilter all to pieces. this resulted in airfilter material to be sucked in to the intake. now the bike wont idol and is loading up. i have changed the plugs four times since and still no change. i did a chem dip on the valves by filling each cylinder full to clean the valves. after this i sucked each cylinder dry changed the oil and filter and replaced plugs once more and still no idol and it is sputterin while goin down the road.but seems to rev up fine while sitiin still .i had to turn the idol screww way up just to keep it running at 1500 rpms. but i did noticed if i unplugged the fuel pump the idol jumps up to about 3000 rpm and seems to run smoothly til it runs out of gas. im so confused on where to start.i know i should of just left the bottle off. but i know that now . i just want to get my busa running again. can someone plz steer me in the right direction.

If air filter material is still in the cylinder on top of the piston then it’s not letting the spark ignite the fuel, hence sputtering and no change after multiple plug changes. Probably be best to pull head off and clean and check valves and inspect. I’m pretty sure air filter cloth doesn’t compress lol.

Start simple make sure all vacume lines are good. I would also check air idle control. If it’s running good above 1500 sounds like a vacume issue.

This is where a small endoscope comes in handy. I have a little one that plugs into my cell phone. You can fish it down the plug hole and take a peak.

I also have an air fitting that screws into a plug hole so you can pressurize the cylinder (@TDC). You can tell a lot from this, bad valve, head gasket, holed piston etc. Just by seeing where the air is going. Cheap too. Best of luck.

This is where a small endoscope comes in handy. I have a little one that plugs into my cell phone. You can fish it down the plug hole and take a peak.

I also have an air fitting that screws into a plug hole so you can pressurize the cylinder (@TDC). You can tell a lot from this, bad valve, head gasket, holed piston etc. Just by seeing where the air is going. Cheap too. Best of luck.

Next step after I did a compression test, I would do a leak down test. But compression test is simpler

Back