Hwy 88 with pics

beerchug.gif
great Sunday pics.....

Cat 3 highway 88 is east of Phoenix on hwy 60 just past Apache Junction. To get there, 60 east to the Idaho road exit . Go north on Idaho road until you see a sign for hwy 88. Turn right at sign and follow it on out. The bad thing about this ride is that you usually have to be there early, like 6 to 7 am because after that the traffic can get pretty heavy with snow birds. And..., the cops come out out at 8 am. From then on its not a lot of fun. Noonish or early afternoon would probably be a little late for serious riding because of the traffic and cops. But if ya just want a leasurly ride it would probably be OK. If you all are up for and early morning it really is a great ride. btw sounds like you know all the great rides around the state. I was with out a Busa for 2 years so I have been a bit out of the loop. The ride to the devils hwy would be cool. Keep me posted on that one. I don't have a four day weekend but I may be able to take a day off. Are you going to the bike show next weekend.

This is a very scenic area. The first 22 23 miles are paved and then hwy 88 turns into dirt. Hwy 88 runs all the way to Roosevelt lake. About half of the road is dirt. But... if you're into boating, fishing and the lakes, there are three lakes alont the route: Canyon, Apache and Roosevelt Dam. This whole area is one of my favorite places in Arisona.

Harley_Pictures_007.jpg

O shoots, if we hitting that in the morning, we'd have to spend the night prior up in Phoenix area...that alone is a 2.5hr ride, doesn't bother me, but the little hyper bikes I run with complain after the first 200 miles while I'm just comfy on the Big Body Busa
smile.gif

We are planning a trip up to Grand Canyon, and looks like 88 would make for nice morning blast before the final leg to the GC. We'll see.

Go to the North Rim.

The South rim is full of Germans, Japanese and Canadians. You can't move when the tour bus stops!

runeight...

Yeah, I would go to the north rim off 89 out of Flag. Its incredable on the other side. The ride on 89 is pretty great too. But if you're going it should be soon because there is a lot of rain and snow up that way any time now. Its probably pretty cold up there now especially at night.

Will keep that in mind, N Rim it will be.

BTW, if you or Copperone have any other nice twisty ride from the Central or North end of Az lemme know. Friends and I are planning every other w/e to ride a new route...some take quite extensive coordination and planning, like overnight stays etc. since heading up that way is a haul all its self.

Charlie

(Copperone @ Oct. 29 2006,19:17) Yeah, I would go to the north rim off 89 out of Flag.  Its incredable on the other side.  The ride on 89 is pretty great too.   But if you're going it should be soon because there is a lot of rain and snow up that way any time now.  Its probably pretty cold up there now especially at night.
Low: 32 °F
High: 64 °F
Low: 32 °F
High: 60 °F
Low: 29 °F
High: 61 °F
Low: 28 °F
High: 62 °F
Low: 29 °F

Another great ride is hwy 89A out of Prescott to Sadona. Not a long ride, incredable scenry and some really great twisties going into Jerome. Anyhow, we'll keep in touch.

Another great ride is hwy 89A out of Prescott to Sadona. Not a long ride, incredable scenry and some really great twisties going into Jerome. Anyhow, we'll keep in touch.

(Copperone @ Oct. 29 2006,20:10) Another great ride is hwy 89A out of Prescott to Sadona.  Not a long ride, incredable scenry and some really great twisties going into Jerome.  Anyhow, we'll keep in touch.
yuppers..very nice indeed..

wink.gif

Back