Hwy 33 Ride

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Charles, Ninjinsky, and I went for a little ride from Valencia to Frazier Park to Ojai along the 33, and Correo Noroeste yesterday. It was hot, but I'll let Charles tell you about the "Heat".
Here we are at Tina's Cafe in Maricopa. Cool little place.

Busas_at_Tina_s.JPG

A couple of slow trucks and we had to follow a pace car once. But it was a pretty good ride!
I didn't get Charles on the fwy when the "heat" was on.

Passing_a_truck.JPG

I have to say I don't know how Ninjinsky was holding the bike up straight with all that Ice on her left hand, but here's the couple. Don't they look cute?

Engaged_couple.JPG

thanks for the pics Owen  
biggrin.gif

The heat.....   hmmmmm

Well lets see, we're doing 85 on the freeway casually and a cop appears, pulls me over(ride leader).  Then the guy becomes a real ##### and starts an a$$ chew'in.  Then he says your buddies ran, I almost called for back-up.  But since you pulled right over I guess I'll let you go.

So there ya have it!  I got off easy, and Owen and Julie are fugitives from the law.  They're "runners"  
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125180429 -->

biggrin.gif

Owen!! Julie!!!! Bad bad bad...

Charles, you need to give Julie a big spanking..

Owen... you will just habe to spank yourself
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

cool! Cerro Noreste is one of my favs... where'd the cops pull up - on the 5 or the 33? That long straightaway on the 33 to the mountains is really tempting for speed....

cool! Cerro Noreste is one of my favs... where'd the cops pull up - on the 5 or the 33? That long straightaway on the 33 to the mountains is really tempting for speed....
That's the thing....we were just cruising...surrounded by cars no less!

I spotted the cop when he was about a half mile back behind two cars. One car moved over, then the blue mustang moved out of his way. I told Charles about him before the mustang moved. we weren't going that fast, and we weren't really even passing anyone.

The cop said that we ran....we didn't. Owen and I just did not stop because the cop pulled in behind Charles, so we went down to the next exit and waited for him. The Chippy was a badge heavy asshat looking for people (and I am sure us being on bikes stood out to him!) to screw with. Hell, he even got off at the same exit we did, so if he was really looking for us, it wasn't hard!

I hate chippy's that are like that....gives cops a bad name as jerks! There was no reason what-so-ever for him to be like that. Charles even asked him how long he had been behind us, then called him on his BS when he said " a long time". We all saw him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before he even got near us!

Too funny! Oh well, atleast he let Charles go....so now he can't say he has never gotten a break!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125180057 -->

Cool pics, thanks for sharing O...sorry I was not able to make that ride, I received your pm the next morning.

Hey guys, I'm itchin to come out and try some Cali roads. I need a getaway soon(next few mos) and I think a good long ride with new scenery would do the body good. Give me a shout as to when good riding weather is out there.

Wayne

Hey guys, I'm itchin to come out and try some Cali roads.  I need a getaway soon(next few mos) and I think a good long ride with new scenery would do the body good.  Give me a shout as to when good riding weather is out there.

Wayne
Well, between Oct and April you need to check the weather channel to make sure there aren't any storms heading our way. July-Sept is hot hot hot. But other than that, its always riding weather.
biggrin.gif

thanks for the pics Owen  
biggrin.gif

The heat.....   hmmmmm

Well lets see, we're doing 85 on the freeway casually and a cop appears, pulls me over(ride leader).  Then the guy becomes a real ##### and starts an a$$ chew'in.  Then he says your buddies ran, I almost called for back-up.  But since you pulled right over I guess I'll let you go.

So there ya have it!  I got off easy, and Owen and Julie are fugitives from the law.  They're "runners"  
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Oooooooooooh my, I am so sorry .... I cracked under interigation and told the cops everything... they'll be by to pick Owen and his bike tomorrow.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

how was the road over the the top from Ojai to 166? I just did that ealier this month and it was full of break from road work, even thought I bent a rim on one of the divets... Very fun, except for the divets. Ya should go up and over 58 to Santa Margarita the next time you head that way. 100mph whoop-de-dooz!

Nice pictures... beautiful road
biggrin.gif

...how many times did you top out the busa mate
devil.gif

Nice pics, thx for sharing.
Sorry bout the cops, some of them are just out to hassle those of us on two wheels.

Back